364 days...

stargate fan

I am with you. My cruise on the dream is not until next May for son's graduation..Bet I will be the one to start the roll call. CONGRATS!!!

We had originally booked Freedom for just DH and me. But the itinerary changed to one that we didn't like, so we cancelled it. The stars and planets aligned just so that I was able to book a family cruise on the Dream instead. Youngest son will be between college semesters and oldest son will (hopefully) be making a decision on law school.

Surprisingly, there was already a roll call for our cruise when we booked at 409 days out. It's not very active yet, but I hope that will change once we get closer.

Will your son be graduating from high school or college?

Down to 272 now, in no time at all.

I am a Stargate fan, too. Both movie & TV.

I hope you love Miracle as much as we did. It's my favorite ship to date. I want to sail the other Spirit class ships.

I can watch repeats of SG-1 and Atlantis over and over. DH never really got into it, but our oldest son and I make references from the show all the time. (Geek alert!!!)

Prior to our cruise in Jan 2010, which was also booked about a year out, it was fun counting down, I had a d-day counter on my cell phone. New Blackberry doesn't have one :(

Point is, the anticipation, the lead-up is fun. Remember, your big event only lasts a week, make it a year-long!

Atlantis and SG-U had to grow on me, I watched 'em all. SG-Universe is much darker, precious little comic relief.

P.S. I'm an SG1 fan and have both VHS and DVD versions of the movie, but I never "got into" Atlantis or SG-U

I own all seasons of SG-1 and most of Atlantis on DVD. The last few seasons of Atlantis won us over. Even though SG-U has been cancelled, we can't top watching it. I admit there were a few times that we wanted to un-TiVo it, but we stuck with it. And, since news came that the show has been cancelled, the past couple of episodes have been good. Figures.

Archived