New Years Eve Cruise.....

flgatormom29

So, my fiance and I are getting married on the freedom in Oct, but since we will have our kids and all of our family on the ship with us, i'd like to do something small with just the 2 of us.

I've been looking at cruises in december, mostly new years eve weekend. (me and my hunny have been together awhile, but never have spent 1 new years eve together due to the fact that he has worked it every year!) I don't even know if it's possible to even take a 4 day cruise without the kids, but something i'm looking into.

I couldn't believe the prices! I would be getting an interior room for the 2 of us on a 4 night cruise, as the same price my friend paid to go on a 6 night cruise in oct! I'm sure this is because of the holiday.

Anyways, new years eve is sunday and the ship docks back on monday.... Which sounds exhausting. I'm just curious what kind of stuff do they do for new years eve? Is it a big deal on the ship? Since it'll be our first year celebrating new years together, and esp as a married couple, I want to have fun!

Also, I'm thinking about buying a FCC on the cruise in Oct. I would hope to have the december cruise booked by then, but what would u to? I'm hoping to take another cruise next oct, with my whole (lil) family. But would you wait to book your new years eve cruise when you got back from the cruise in oct (be back oct 8) and use the FCC on a 5 day cruise, OR book the 5 day cruise already and use the FCC for a cruise (hopefully) next year? I'm hoping next years cruise will be a 7 or 8 day, if we are able to fit it in! So we would get more OBC right?

Just looking for opinions on this matter.....

We were on the Carnival Spirit this past New Years and it was a blast!!

They had noise makers, hats and lei's on the table at dinner.

Had two celebrations on the ship, one on the Lido Deck that was casual and one that was formal in the Atrium with a huge ballon drop at midnight with the countdown.

There was freeflowing champagne (not very good) from about 10:00pm on.

Yes, the prices are much higher but worth it in my opinion.

I don't know what it would be like to disembark on New Years day though. It seems like it would be a bit of a bummer.

I would love to do another New Years cruise.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you choose! :)

Toni

So, my fiance and I are getting married on the freedom in Oct, but since we will have our kids and all of our family on the ship with us, i'd like to do something small with just the 2 of us.

I've been looking at cruises in december, mostly new years eve weekend. (me and my hunny have been together awhile, but never have spent 1 new years eve together due to the fact that he has worked it every year!) I don't even know if it's possible to even take a 4 day cruise without the kids, but something i'm looking into.

I couldn't believe the prices! I would be getting an interior room for the 2 of us on a 4 night cruise, as the same price my friend paid to go on a 6 night cruise in oct! I'm sure this is because of the holiday.

Anyways, new years eve is sunday and the ship docks back on monday.... Which sounds exhausting. I'm just curious what kind of stuff do they do for new years eve? Is it a big deal on the ship? Since it'll be our first year celebrating new years together, and esp as a married couple, I want to have fun!

Also, I'm thinking about buying a FCC on the cruise in Oct. I would hope to have the december cruise booked by then, but what would u to? I'm hoping to take another cruise next oct, with my whole (lil) family. But would you wait to book your new years eve cruise when you got back from the cruise in oct (be back oct 8) and use the FCC on a 5 day cruise, OR book the 5 day cruise already and use the FCC for a cruise (hopefully) next year? I'm hoping next years cruise will be a 7 or 8 day, if we are able to fit it in! So we would get more OBC right?

Just looking for opinions on this matter.....

I know this is a Carnival board (I will be cruising Carnival in a couple of weeks) but my only experience was with Celebrity. They really made a big deal of New Years Eve (Tuxedos and all - it was a formal night). I am sure Carnival will have a huge bash. Champagne at midnight - band.

I've done 5 New Years Eve cruises on Carnival and we love them!! Looking to book number 6. Prices do seem a little higher this year than in the past. But those cruises are always expensive. That being said it is the best cruise of the year:D The decor, atmosphere ect. cant be beat! I have made it a point NOT to disembarq on New Years Day.. You will be tired and New Years Day is still festive, everybody is in a great mood. If you can avoid that I would try.

You will LOVE it!

Hey Donna, it's been a while! Matt & I are taking yet another New Years cruise, on the Miracle this year, in what has become our favorite cabin, the partially blocked view, extended balcony which you introduced us to, 2 New Years cruises ago. Thanks so much & happy cruising.

Sally

I haven't been on a NYE cruise yet. But we are booked for the Miracle this NYE, and I can tell you that the price of an interior NOW, is the price I paid for a 9B premium balcony in December. They have just sky rocketed since we booked, and I am so glad we booked early!

Hey Donna, it's been a while! Matt & I are taking yet another New Years cruise, on the Miracle this year, in what has become our favorite cabin, the partially blocked view, extended balcony which you introduced us to, 2 New Years cruises ago. Thanks so much & happy cruising.

Sally

How are you guys??? Did you get married???? That was a great time wasnt it~ Love that cabin! Thanks for letting me tag along with you guys!

I'd love to fly out for New Years, but my DD is graduating college in May 2012 and my DS HS in June 2012, and my neice is getting married in Co. in summer 2012. So we are trying to plan something big for then. That will probably include flying. Saving my pennies LOL!!

We're getting married in Oct., so will be poor for our New Year's cruise, what with the cost of my designer wedding gown, diamond encrusted tiara & reception luncheon hosted by HRH the Queen. We'll just have to forgo our usual DOD's & rely on the free champagne instead. Congratulations on your kids graduations Donna! Hi Kammerer, looking forward to cruising with you on the Miracle this New Year, can't wait! Everybody else, sorry for kidnapping this thread!

Sally

Buy 2 FCCs not one .. just in case you book 2 cruises.

Well duh! That seems like the most logical idea! Why didn't u think of that? :-)

Don't they expire? And are they no longer refundable? Cuz what happens if we don't take our cruise next year?

• 4 weeks later...
I haven't been on a NYE cruise yet. But we are booked for the Miracle this NYE, and I can tell you that the price of an interior NOW, is the price I paid for a 9B premium balcony in December. They have just sky rocketed since we booked, and I am so glad we booked early!

We have looked into going on a New Years Eve cruise a few times but for different reasons ,could not go, But, in researching, have always noticed the fare increasing. So, finally, we are planning to try our first one and booked as soon as booking opened.We had a particular cabin in mind and were able to get it and probably at the lowest fare it will ever be.They sound like lots of fun. Can't wait!!!

Archived