Sailing on the Star in less than a week...any ?s

I will be on the Star for the Pacific Coastal repositioning cruise in less than a week. We will have ages ranging from 3 to 75. If you have any questions about the ship, staff or whatever... let me know this week and I will try to answer them for you upon my return. I will also be posting a detailed review, I can't guarantee live but I will try to take daily notes for you and post them when we get back ( if not before:p).

I'm ready to sail!!!!!:D I hope this week flies by...

I would love to know who the waiters and waitresses in Cagney's are. I see you will be in the GV, so if you dine in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch maybe you will get acquainted with them.

We were on the Star last fall and fell in love with a few people in Cagney's. We are going to be on the Star again in 18 weeks and I'm hoping that at least one of our favorite people will be there again. I'm probably wishing too high, but why not?

Have a terrific time! Take good care of our favorite NCL ship!:)

I would love to know who the waiters and waitresses in Cagney's are. I see you will be in the GV, so if you dine in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch maybe you will get acquainted with them.

We were on the Star last fall and fell in love with a few people in Cagney's. We are going to be on the Star again in 18 weeks and I'm hoping that at least one of our favorite people will be there again. I'm probably wishing too high, but why not?

Hikini- If you tell me the names of the people you are wishing to see, it might be easier to find out. We have usually received the same couple of servers when we have gone for breakfast and lunch and I could ask about them. I wouldn't want to tell you they weren't there when we just didn't have the pleasure of meeting them:D

Would you mind taking note of the facilities in the spa? I'd specifically love to know if they have tile loungers. Thanks in advance!

No problem, I would be happy to have any reason to hit the spa... even if I have to go back more than once to double (or triple) check on that for you:p

Just the teak. They are nice, just not warm!

I see...taking away my excuse to lounge in the spa:D LOL. I plan on enjoying lounging this time, in the past I always rush out after a treatment to be with my babies... but now they enjoy kids club more and my mom will be there, so they will be just fine for awhile;)

I will be on the Star for the Pacific Coastal repositioning cruise in less than a week. We will have ages ranging from 3 to 75. If you have any questions about the ship, staff or whatever... let me know this week and I will try to answer them for you upon my return. I will also be posting a detailed review, I can't guarantee live but I will try to take daily notes for you and post them when we get back ( if not before:p).

I'm ready to sail!!!!!:D I hope this week flies by...

I would love to hear all about your cruise.... Oh wait a minute...we're on the same one :D:D

I would love to hear all about your cruise.... Oh wait a minute...we're on the same one :D:D

See you on Sunday in Le Bistro:D

Are you in 14000 or 14500 ?

14500 and cannot wait:D how about you and when do you sail for your family reunion?

Our family reunion is until December 2012, so we have a long wait. But I think my wife is now counting the days.

We had originally booked 14000, but after doing several hours of deep research on the suites, we switched to 14500. This was because of the bar in the living room area.

Could you ask the concierge the same question we were discussing in the other thread. The basic question is "If we have 14 other members of our family scattered around the ship, can I get them key cards that work just the elevator and villa door ? Or can their cards be changed to do the same function ?". Failing that, what would her solution be ?

I will be eagerly awaiting her response.

I want to thank you for your time. Your effort is really appreciated.

Rodger

I have a number of questions that the travel agents just can't answer. They need someone who has actually been in the villa.

I understand the internal cabins have cabin numbers 14500, 14502, and 14506. How were these internal cabins assigned to the members of your party ? How did you inform NCL as to who was in each internal cabin ?

Thanks for your time.....

Rodger

I notice your party will have a 3 year old. I'd love to know what they do with them. Also we will be taking the stars panama canl cruise in October and I'd love to know how many little kids are usually onboard and if the kids club is fully staffed during those trips.

I have a number of questions that the travel agents just can't answer. They need someone who has actually been in the villa.

I understand the internal cabins have cabin numbers 14500, 14502, and 14506. How were these internal cabins assigned to the members of your party ? How did you inform NCL as to who was in each internal cabin ?

Thanks for your time.....

Rodger

I did not tell the TA who will be in which cabin, but my understanding is that when we get to the pier each adult can put their own credit card onto their account (so all charges they make on their key are attached to their card) and upon arrival to our room we have the butler or concierge program the phones because they sometimes get mixed up. You can take these phones all over the ship to call others in your party, your butler, other cabins, your concierge, etc.

I don't know if that is what you are looking for, but if it is I can confirm that next week or if it is something else just let me know:D

The type of answer that I am looking for is based upon your experience, so your answer was exactly what I needed.

One area that I have researched and have not cleared up in my mind is the guest bathroom that is located out by the elevators. If you could take some extra pictures I sure would appreciate it. From what I understand, this bathroom is out in the elevator foyer area. I would appreciate your experiences on how access to the bathroom is shared.

Thanks again....

Rodger

If you can ask the sales people at the ladies make-up counter part of the duty free shops for a list of Clinique products that they sell I would be ever grateful! I can't seem to find out if they carry any products on a regular basis and would love to take advantage of the duty free shopping when I'm on board.

Thanks for offering to research for us!

Here are many quirky questions about whether certain things are "free" (have only cruised Carnival before, don't know what to expect):

Is the popcorn and Wii in the Red Lion Pub free?

Can you swim in the spa pool or use any of the workout equipment (ie. treadmill) for free? I know you can't use the spa hot tub, sauna, or steam, or do classes for free.

Is there anywhere I can get fruit juice for free other than at breakfast?

How about iced tea?

Finally, did you have a Cruise Critic meet and greet? ---- and Bridge tour?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We mostly had Edgar and Paul. I asked Patrick if the staff would be the same in 18 weeks and he said most likely not.

Our family reunion is until December 2012, so we have a long wait. But I think my wife is now counting the days.

We had originally booked 14000, but after doing several hours of deep research on the suites, we switched to 14500. This was because of the bar in the living room area.

Could you ask the concierge the same question we were discussing in the other thread. The basic question is "If we have 14 other members of our family scattered around the ship, can I get them key cards that work just the elevator and villa door ? Or can their cards be changed to do the same function ?". Failing that, what would her solution be ?

I will be eagerly awaiting her response.

I want to thank you for your time. Your effort is really appreciated.

Rodger

Patrick said that he can have additional keys made and put a hole punch in them and mark them as spare key, but please be advised that they are still full working keys with charging capabilities and it would be to your account. So before you do this make sure you are giving them to trusted family and that they DO NOT lose the card.

I notice your party will have a 3 year old. I'd love to know what they do with them. Also we will be taking the stars panama canl cruise in October and I'd love to know how many little kids are usually onboard and if the kids club is fully staffed during those trips.

Kids club said that on the cruise I was on there were 80 kids with about 20-30 being in the 2-5 age group. They said this is standard for when schools are in session. When I took my kids there were only a couple of other kids there and so they didn't really like it as much as in the past when it has been during peak travel times. I pretty much kept them with me, but the activites were the same we had experienced before. Face painting; pirate, princess and prince parades; games; arts and crafts; some movies and shows; and my kids favorite- freeplay in the jungle gym and on the space themed cushy play area.

The type of answer that I am looking for is based upon your experience, so your answer was exactly what I needed.

One area that I have researched and have not cleared up in my mind is the guest bathroom that is located out by the elevators. If you could take some extra pictures I sure would appreciate it. From what I understand, this bathroom is out in the elevator foyer area. I would appreciate your experiences on how access to the bathroom is shared.

The bathroom is directly outside of the door for 14500. They did not show it to us, but I knew it was there so I asked. While it is in the common area of the elevator foyer, I can't really see it being used by the other cabin unless they are having a large gathering, as it would be a bit awkward for them to come across to your side, by your glass door, to use the bathroom.

Thanks again....

Rodger

If you can ask the sales people at the ladies make-up counter part of the duty free shops for a list of Clinique products that they sell I would be ever grateful! I can't seem to find out if they carry any products on a regular basis and would love to take advantage of the duty free shopping when I'm on board.

I couldn't get a list' date=' but most products are there. They have the cremes, makeup, washes, lotions, perfumes, etc. I couldn't find the travel pack I like with the face wash, toner and lotion...but they had the large sizes of the products.[/color']

I would love to know if they have set a schedule for when the Moderno churrascaria restaurant will be installed. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, no timeline or even any real knowledge that it would be coming:(

Al

Thanks for offering to research for us!

Here are many quirky questions about whether certain things are "free" (have only cruised Carnival before, don't know what to expect):

Is the popcorn and Wii in the Red Lion Pub free? yes

Can you swim in the spa pool or use any of the workout equipment (ie. treadmill) for free? I know you can't use the spa hot tub, sauna, or steam, or do classes for free. The spa pool is part of the day/week pass or with a treatment, but the workout equipment is free to use.

Is there anywhere I can get fruit juice for free other than at breakfast? sorry, not unless you are in an owner's suite or garden villa. Although I have been able to order it in the main dining rooms off of the children's menu for my kids at no cost, so if you have kids... I have also brought my own on board with no problems.

How about iced tea? Free in all restaurants, including available in buffet.

Finally, did you have a Cruise Critic meet and greet? ---- and Bridge tour? yes and yes:D

Thanks!

Have fun on NCL, we love it !!

Archived