"Chair Hog" Question

We need advise for our upcoming cruise aboard the Allure. When does one become a "chair hog"? How long can one be away from their chair before being labeled a hog. If I choose to take a dip in the pool, use the lavatory, grab a quick bite (fruit, pizza etc.) or run back to the cabin to grab something, am I a hog? Please advise...

We need advise for our upcoming cruise aboard the Allure. When does one become a "chair hog"? How long can one be away from their chair before being labeled a hog. If I choose to take a dip in the pool, use the lavatory, grab a quick bite (fruit, pizza etc.) or run back to the cabin to grab something, am I a hog? Please advise...

30 minutes unattended can get you into the "chair hog" category, but chairs obviously being used are not generally the problem.

The unused chair with a book & a towel on it for hours IS the problem.

A chair hog is someone who goes to the pool deck puts a towel and a magazine on the chair or lounger at 0700. They then leave and come back at 10am to sun themselves. This type person has no intention of laying out that early; they just want to reserve the best chair for them. I had no problem finding plenty of chairs on Allure. We had 20 in our group; and were always able to find at least six chairs together at any given time.

We just got off the Allure last week and there were many chairs that seemed to be hogged---at least around the pools (not adult only pools). We went on deck by 10:00 am and had a hard time finding 3 chairs together. Most were covered with towels and remained that way for hours. We saw "deck guards" around, but didn't see any of them remove towels from "hogged" chairs.

It was a busy spring break week, so maybe that was part of it too. Up on deck 16 there seemed to be more chairs available, but we wanted to be the pools when the kids were swimming.

Archived