Sea Miles SUCK!

In fact, I just received a $300 on board credit with points we had for our upcoming cruise, last August I cashed in and had about $800 on board credit. We don't use the points to pay for a cruise - we use it for on board credits - same to us as my account on a cruise usually levels out at about $1500-2000 - so anything saved is appreciated. We use our card for EVERYTHING and pay the balance off monthly so we do not get zapped with interest - in fact, we just finished paying for our upcoming cruise in June, major car repairs, and of course, shopping for cruisewear - so hubby needs to pay about $9K this month, guess I'll be nice and back down for next month.... maybe!

I should have another $100 or so in onboard credit by the time we sail in June...

I agree with you my card is PERFECT for obc I LOVE IT

I just redeemed 10,000 points for $100 off my cruise. I think it was 12,500 for $100 in onboard credit so taking the money off the price of the cruise seemed like a better deal to me.

I have a litttle bit more so I am going to use them to pre-purchase drink coupons.

I just redeemed 10,000 points for $100 off my cruise. I think it was 12,500 for $100 in onboard credit so taking the money off the price of the cruise seemed like a better deal to me.

I have a litttle bit more so I am going to use them to pre-purchase drink coupons.

OK,,it is Fun Points,,,we did get the double mile,,point is they changed it,,we had $315 "credit" last year,,,so when I put our cruise on the card I thought I would get 20 bucks or more credit,,we got less. I cashed them in,,will use the card on the ship and not use it any more.

We had the Sea Miles card and it converted over to Fun Points. I had read about problems redeeming and/or seeing the credit on our statement. Since we received several notices via email and snail mail, I knew the points needed were changing May 1. Booked a cruise on May 26th and it hit our card on the 27th. I then immediately went on-line and redeemed 550 points and the $550 showed as a credit the following day. Smooth as silk and will continue using both the card and points.

We have an actual SeaMiles credit card by Chase. I'm sure this is different but we've gotten quite a few points on it now. 1 point per $1 on regular purchases, 2 points when booking travel (hotels, flights, car rentals), 2 points for onboard purchases and 4 points when booking ANY cruiseline purchases.

We figured it'd be nice to get something out of charging things on a credit card.....why not let it be OBC or maybe even a free cruise!?!?!:D Hubby has this card and I have AMEX Blue.

We had the Sea Miles card and it converted over to Fun Points. I had read about problems redeeming and/or seeing the credit on our statement. Since we received several notices via email and snail mail, I knew the points needed were changing May 1. Booked a cruise on May 26th and it hit our card on the 27th. I then immediately went on-line and redeemed 550 points and the $550 showed as a credit the following day. Smooth as silk and will continue using both the card and points.

Wow,,we had 29,270 "points",,,,and only got $250 off.

You should get the Funpoints.....You can just book thru Carnival and then apply the credits....SeaMiles sucked!!! We got a free cruise for the wife and I (Balcony 8D) we took in Febuary after 3 years of paying for everything with it and then paying it off at the end of the month. I mean its not the greatest reward, but a free cruise to Western Carribean for just paying my bills is a pretty good comp for me:D

My SeaMiles card became a 'FunPoints' card. When it was SeaMiles, I cashed in points for a free cruise. Now that it's a FunPoints card I cashed in points for $200 OBC on our cruise last month. In both cases the 'points' were free because the $ was all spent paying for Carnival cruises or Sail & Sign bills which I'd have had to pay for regardless. What's nice about FunPoints is that you can pay it off online for free while still on the ship (Free as in the internet time on their site is free).

I have an old " no hassles " card from cap one

They don't offer this version any longer

U get 5% back for travel the best I have found

No restrictions

We never pay intrest and use it for everything

I even tried to buy my car with it. Lol

The dealer wouldn't accept it

LOL...I did the same thing...but they wanted to up the price of the car if I used my CC :mad: so we said no and handed them a check..

We used our points this past February. We did not get a free cruise but we did get enough credit to pay half. I don't think I can complain about that. We to charge everything to this card and pay it off each month. Hopefully, we will be able to do this again. Anything, I can get off the price I will take it. :)

Archived