Question for all you fishermen

gacruiser5

Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour gets lot of good reviews. Wondering if you fishermen think so also? Planning a trip to Alaska and two of guys going on our trip are avid deep sea fishermen. Wondering if they will enjoy it or should I just try to book them a fishing charter and us ladies do something else? Thanks for your help.

You do realise they wont actually be fishing in the Bering Sea right?

Or fishing anywhere.

This excursion is more of a 'demonstration' on what crab fishermen do. Fans of the show "Deadliest Catch" would love it.

They pull up crab traps and you get to see the creatures they catch, then they throw them back.

Good way to see Bald Eagles too.

Yes, I do realize it is a demonstration and not a fishing trip. I was wondering if other guys (who love to fish) who have been on this excursion liked it or would rather have actually gone fishing. Thanks.

I and my kids are big crabbing fans, enjoy deadliest catch a lot too!

My oldest and I love to fish too and do every chance we get.

Lets say given the many options in Ketchikan we choose to charter a boat and go fishing for the day, others choose differently depending on what experience they want. Fishing and hopefully "catching" isn't for everyone.

Wow, that's a hard question! I love, love, love, to go fishing and would rather be fishing on most any day. Having done both....would I have 'rather' gone fishing while I was on the Crab Fisherman's tour? Nope. To me it almost sounds like you're asking if the tour was a waste of time and if I would have preferred to go fishing instead. I loved the tour. It's highly entertaining, the crew is great, & I enjoyed the whole time I was on the tour.

As Chipmaster said - everyone likes different things! :-)

Archived