Concierge VS Aqua

divechick

Recently we were on the Summit had such a good time that the last day we went down to book next cruise one of the incentives was upgrade from C3 to C1 the cruise sales manager put us in cabin 6144 which he said was a much requested cabin because it is among all the suites he seemed shocked it was available upon arriving home he discovered the week we booked would not work for us I called our TA change the on new dates C1 was sold out so they upgraded us to Aqua class which the Summit will have after it is upgraded new cabin #is 9127. Any thought is this a good change.

Unfortunately this is not a good change. While Aqua Class does come with some nice perks, 9127 is just a regular sized stateroom and balcony. 6144 is an awesome room. Massive balcony, teak flooring on the balcony (as it is sandwiched among the suites) and the interior portion of the room itself is a bit wider than other non suite staterooms. On M-Class ships the C1's staterooms are all highly coveted (for good reason).

Many on here would take the move to AQ and dinner in Blu over a bigger Balcony. I like a Balcony so I can hear the ocean, but size - in this case- does not matter that much to me.

Like everything else though, opinions will vary on both of the above.

Many on here would take the move to AQ and dinner in Blu over a bigger Balcony. I like a Balcony so I can hear the ocean, but size - in this case- does not matter that much to me.

Like everything else though, opinions will vary on both of the above.

In this case it is not just a bigger balcony, it is a bigger stateroom as well and a nicer balcony (teak floor). Furthermore you have the top room steward (they are the one also servicing the Penthouse suite). I love Blu and the AQ perks, but IMHO 6144 blows AQ away in this situation.

thanks everyone I was afried that was the case now I'm offically going to kill the boss for not letting me take vaction. Just kidding at least I know that 6144 is a great room and will try for it if were ever on the summit again.

Archived