Gardens in Bermuda

fritzi164

I am a gardener and enjoy visiting gardens. Anyone been to botanical gardens in Bermuda ? if so, is it worth the trip?

Any other spots to check out with special flora and views?

We are visiting early June...

Thanks!

In St. George is Somers Garden, a really nice park a great place to stroll/rest/people watch. Beautiful palms and flowers. There is even a moon gate.

I highly recommend Angeline's down York Street (it was there 2 yrs. ago). I ordered a fish sandwich (made to order) and went back to Somers Garden and had a lovely lunch. Excellent sandwich in a great setting!

The Botanical Gardens are definitely worth a visit. There is a fairly new art museum there, too. They have both permanent exhibits and changing exhibits. When I was there last year, they had an exhibit of old Bermuda photos. There's a cool cruise-ship sculpture near the entrance of the museum.

http://www.bermuda4u.com/Attractions/masterworks.html

Another place to visit is Verdmont, an old home (early 1700s) on a high point of land. The view from there down to the sea is lovely, and the breeze is welcome on a hot day. Verdmont is part of Bermuda's National Trust.

http://www.bnt.bm/Places_to_Visit/verdmont_museum.htm

Both Verdmont and the Botanic gardens can be reached by bus. They aren't right next door to each other, but they are fairly close and could be visited on the same day.

Enjoy Bermuda, it's wonderful!

Archived