RCI Leaving Port of Miami

I have just surfed around looking for a december 2011 cruise and I cannot understand why there are no Royal Caribbean cruises that are leaving from the Port of Miami. Has RCI abandoned Miami and shifted most of their ships to Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale? That would surprise me since RCI's main offices are right at the Port of Miami. Actually, I have an ulterior motive for preferring a POM departure. The port parking in Miami is really good with the garages and the open air parking. Also, I have a disabled parking permit and get FREE parking at the POM whether in the garage or outdoors. What gives??? :confused:

I have just surfed around looking for a december 2011 cruise and I cannot understand why there are no Royal Caribbean cruises that are leaving from the Port of Miami. Has RCI abandoned Miami and shifted most of their ships to Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale? That would surprise me since RCI's main offices are right at the Port of Miami. Actually, I have an ulterior motive for preferring a POM departure. The port parking in Miami is really good with the garages and the open air parking. Also, I have a disabled parking permit and get FREE parking at the POM whether in the garage or outdoors. What gives??? :confused:

Port Everglades also participates in the disabled parking program. I agree that the garages are much better out of POM- but getting to Port Everglades is so much easier!!

Port Everglades also participates in the disabled parking program. I agree that the garages are much better out of POM- but getting to Port Everglades is so much easier!!

You are not correct in saying that Port Everglades also participates in the disabled parking program. They PARTIALLY have a disabled program. You must have an attachment to your automobile for an electric scooter or you must have hand operated controls on your dashboard and have a disabled permit to be considered for free parking.

Also, when you depart the garage in Lauderdale, sometimes it's a long wait at the toll

windows, especially if you use a credit card. One time I got stuck at the toll booth for 10-15 minures while they "checked my credit card". One thing I WILL say that's nice about sailing out of Lauderdale is the sailing next to the condos and hearing people blow their horns as you sail through. ;)

Archived