looking ta cruising from NOLA in Oct--help

hlb76

hello we are looking at a 5 day out of NOLA in Oct. Seeing we have never been to NOLA I thought this was the place to get help.

We hope to come in a day or 2 early and experience the city. Why would you just cruise out of NOLA-- we sure can't.

so please share any ideas of hotels to stay at or things to see. We are traveling as a family.

We are debating driving down as well might make more sense than flying and renting a car. I'm not sure though..... so much planing to do

We are going out on the october 17th cruise out of Nola. So we will be driving down it is only 5 and 1/2 hours from the memphis area. we like New Orleans so we are going down on the 15th to stay a couple days to do things in the city. they have a great trolley that will take you to the zoo. A very nice aquarium , ghost tours etc. Not to mention all the delicious food. I did a 4 star on P line ( I hope that is ok to post) Got a room for 2 nights for $228.10 taxes and everything but remember parking is very expensive the valet parking is another $ 30 dollars a day at the hotel area. We are going to upgrade to a suite for another $ 100 dollars per night . I hope this helps we would love to have you on our cruise. We are a family of four hubby, myself soon to be 18 year old son and 8 year old daughter. My brother and his family is also commin, neice is 19 and nephew is in his 20"s. Btw We lived in Iowa for several years. gotta love the Midwest people.

Check out the Hampton Inn, Garden District. I booked it for a cruise special, and it was about $100. The great thing is that parking is free for the duration of the cruise. You have to call the hotel for the discount I think.

I love, love, love the Drury Inn. They are out of my price range for my next cruise. They offer parking for the duration of the cruise for $50. Check them out for your dates. The hotel is awesome and they have free breakfast, free snack type dinner and free beverages (non and alcholic).

Enjoy NOLA. We had so much fun, we are going back for more.

We are thinking the 10/17 cruise. The kids have break from school that week so it they wont miss much school. We are still in the planning stage trying to decide if this is our best deal or not. I only want to sail out of NOLA if we can afford a few extra days there.

So thats why I am looking at hotels, tours or sight seeing prices, etc to factor into our cruise cost.

We are debating flying vs driving. Both have pro's and con's. Sure would be nice to have our car to get around yet sure would be nice not to have to pay parking and drive 17.5 hours each way

What are the ages of your children? We also have fall break that week. If I can do anything feel free to ask? They do have parking at Fulton Place garage for $12.00 during the cruise and the pier terminal is $ 16.00 . My brother mentioned he paid $10.00 dollars last September at Hertz. I wonder if you can park their earlier than the cruise. iIneed to check. I personally think $30.00 a day is expensive.( during the hotel stay)

Check out Drury Inn. It comes highly recommended on both here and tripadvisor. I am booked there for September.

If you are looking to cut some cost, they offer free HOT breakfast (and the list is yummy), they offer free hot food from 5pm to I think 10:30pm with things like wings, hot dogs, baked potatoes and a bunch of other items that will fill you up. Free soda and popcorn during the day (I think 3pm and on) and I believe I read each adult gets 3 frees adult drinks. You can't beat that.

There is also a pool and hot tub on the roof top. :D

What are the ages of your children? We also have fall break that week. If I can do anything feel free to ask? They do have parking at Fulton Place garage for $12.00 during the cruise and the pier terminal is $ 16.00 . My brother mentioned he paid $10.00 dollars last September at Hertz. I wonder if you can park their earlier than the cruise. iIneed to check. I personally think $30.00 a day is expensive.( during the hotel stay)

We will be traveling with another family too. 8 of us all together... kids are all boys 16, 16 (turning 17 on or around the trip) 12, 11. Should be fun. I read a little on the roll call and sounds like there are lots of kids on break!

Yes it does seem that there will be several kids out on school break. I think quite a few will be driving from Oklahoma also. Like I said if there is anything I can do just let me know. I will try and search it up for you.

Archived