Best New England Cruise

jltodd

In my opinion, Celebrity has the best as it goes 14 nights r/t out of Bayonne -- hitting all the coastal N.E. towns with good timing, and stays overnight in Quebec --- right in the city, thus walking to the highlights of Quebec. Nice selection of tours also. However, it only does 3 of them, so book early -- and keep in miind that as you go north -- it gets cold. Although foilage may be best in October here --- it's past it up there and too cold to appreciate outdoor activities. Also ---- basically no foilage is seen from the ship --- only in port. The ship, the Summit has fine service, entertainment and cabins. Can't be beat. Vicki

Who has the best New England/Canada Cruise? Past Princess cruiser x5 and Celebrity x 1.

Any good cruises out of Boston??

Jltodd,

The Holland America Line's Maasdam does 7- day cruises from Boston to Quebec. Maasdam has just been refurbished, she looks quite stunning.

The HAL Eurodam and the Queen Mary 2 will do 10-day voyages to Canada/New England out of New York in late September. Eurodam sails from Manhattan and QM2 from Brooklyn.

Jonathan

Who has the best New England/Canada Cruise? Past Princess cruiser x5 and Celebrity x 1.

Any good cruises out of Boston??

Best depends on your preferences.

If you want a cruise out of Boston then the ones that offer that are HAL, RCI and NCL.

To me none of these are the "best" but for some they might be.

Others doing a New England Cruise but not out of Boston include Crystal, Princess and Celebrity. Personally, I like these three over the others.

I would start looking at all of them. Narrow this down based on the itinerary and the price and then come back with more suggestions.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

We've been looking at a 14 day Canada/New England in 2012 on NCL Dawn out of Boston. It's between that and the Celebrity Summit, but Celebrity leaves from NJ and we want to see Boston.

For us, NCL has the better itinerary.

We've been looking at a 14 day Canada/New England in 2012 on NCL Dawn out of Boston. It's between that and the Celebrity Summit, but Celebrity leaves from NJ and we want to see Boston.

For us, NCL has the better itinerary.

That's a great itinerary. I'm torn between the Dawn itinerary from Boston with the double shot of Halifax, and the Gem itinerary from NY with the overnight in Quebec City. I think the Gem will win out, though.

Archived