Caribbean Route Help!!

Leaving in a couple weeks for a Southern Caribbean cruise. I am stopping in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao and Aruba. Could you please let me know if I can tour all of these stop on my own? Is public transportation easily accesible from port? do you recommend taxis to do tour?

What are the most sees so I don't waste time and money?

Should I do cruise excursions or go on my own? Please help since time is getting close to departing. need to plan budget wise. :eek:

thanks.

St. Thomas and St. Kitts will have people offering tours right outside the docks. If you go downtown in St. Thomas you'll also find plenty of land tours available. If you are wanting to a good all over island tour ask around for Angel when downtown, he did an amazing job for us and it also included a trip to sapphire beach for optional swimming. In St. Kitts, if you like history be sure to visit the Brimstone fortress.

You can find photos from my southern caribbean tours (on carnvival) in February of this year at http://sherilyn70.shutterfly.com

A guidebook (available at any public library) is what you need. Almost everything is easy and cheap to do on your own, if you have the info!!!

Of course that is the obvious. However, I was asking regarding touring on my own vs cruise tours from people who have tour that route. Usually guide books give the typical tourist areas.

You may also want to try to the ports of call discussion boards for those islands. You'll find a lot of island specific information there

Thanks, I did begin to read some and now I am aware of the "monkey man" in st. kitts.

Archived