Kings Wharf- where to go what to do?

apmecruise

Thinking of booking a September cruise to Bermuda a moms and daughters thing with NCL kids cruise free!

I would love advice on musts. I want to do an Island tour. Since we will be staying put for a few days (I love that idea) I really feel like I have time to explore. My friend wants to go to a beach and my daughter wants to do the segways.

I started looking and didn't see much with beaches and I was surprised I thought the pink beaches were a thing.

The weather should still be good so I am hoping to do some exploring and beaching it and I would love some advice. We just cruised the Western Caribbean on the Epic and what made it so great was all the help on cruise critic!

Thinking of booking a September cruise to Bermuda a moms and daughters thing with NCL kids cruise free!

I would love advice on musts. I want to do an Island tour. Since we will be staying put for a few days (I love that idea) I really feel like I have time to explore. My friend wants to go to a beach and my daughter wants to do the segways.

I started looking and didn't see much with beaches and I was surprised I thought the pink beaches were a thing.

The weather should still be good so I am hoping to do some exploring and beaching it and I would love some advice. We just cruised the Western Caribbean on the Epic and what made it so great was all the help on cruise critic!

There are so many things to do in Bermuda that it is hard to know exactly where to begin. First of all, September is the favorite time of the year for us. The weather is cooler and less humid, just right and the water is still warm enough to swim in. The Segways can be rented right in the Dockyard (King's Wharf) where the London double decker bus serves as an office. For the famous pink beaches, the entire south shore is available to you. The beach with the best facilities is Horseshoe bay, has great facilities, rentals of beach chairs and umbrellas and a snack shop. Easy to get to from the dockyard. I also like Warwick Long Bay, just as beautiful and not as crowded but there is not really any facilities there. Elbow beach is nice and you can go to the public side rather than the hotel side. My favorite is John Smith's, where mostly the locals go and further down the south shore towards Tucker's Town. I recommend getting the transportation pass, which is $28 for 3 days for an adult and you get unlimited use of the buses and ferries. The transportation system in Bermuda is excellent and you can get almost anywhere. Depending upon how many cruise ships dock, you may have to wait to board the buses, but can try to get the special bus that goes direct to Horseshoe Bay. We loved the ferry rides to Hamilton and St. George, not only scenic but a nice refreshing ride. In the dockyard itself, there is the clocktower mall. Stores with clothing such as Davidon's with a nice selection of Bermuda themed jackets, hats and shirts. Hagen Daz is nice for a cool ice cream on a hot day. There are free samples at the rum cake factory, where they make the rum cakes. You can also see glass blowing which is also interesting. The Maritime Museum has a lot of interesting history and exhibits in the Commissioner's house. The reasonable admission charge also lets you see the area where the swim with the dolphins water show is. You can watch for free on the benches or pay to "swim with the dolphins" in the pools. There is a craft mall, restaurants and pubs as well. I like the Frog and Onion, really good drinks. They are large sized and pretty potent, and the food although expensive is very good. You could take an island tour on the first day and then decide what to do and see on the following days. A decent tour would take about 5 hours or so and give you a real good idea of the island and its activities. If you decide to do the Crystal Caves, you must do them first thing in the morning when it opens before it fills up with all the tourist buses. I also like the aquarium and the zoo, which you can do right after the caves as they are close by. Please check out the website Bermuda Shorts which has a ton of information. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Archived