Sojourn Maiden World Cruise 2011

Our sojourn is now at an end after 111 days and what a truly wonderful experience it was.

Helen and me (Vance) would like to say thank you to all the great fellow travellers that we met and how much we miss (most of !!) you all.

We enjoyed it so much that we've decided to 'do' The Quest next January on her World Cruise but this time will only do the first 2 segments (we'll be seggies!!) from Fort Lauderdale to Singapore.

Just in case anyone here missed Helen's travel blog whilst on the Sojourn here's the link: http://helen-haynes.blogspot.com and here's a link to the picture slideshow that I did to accompany it: http://www.vhsholdings.com/sojourn

If anyone wants images from the slideshow then email me (vgr at vhsholdings dot com) sending me the image number(s) that you want.

Again, thanks to all.

V & H - Bristol

Vance, thank you for sharing your pictures. My DH and I are just about ready to book a cruise on the Sojourn for our first Seabourn cruise so we found your ship photos very interesting (not to mention, of course, your fabulous port photos).

I have many questions about Seabourn that I will be posting but I was wondering if you could tell me where the makeup vanity is located. It's pretty hard to spot on any of the room layouts in the brochure or online. Thanks.

Hello Helen & Vance, Mark and I miss you terribly! The two of you really make our World Cruise that much more enjoyable. I have great pictures for you from the cocktail party I hosted in my Signature Suite, so please get in contact with me via my website. You know the address. Love you! Ralph & Mark

Vance, thank you for sharing your pictures. My DH and I are just about ready to book a cruise on the Sojourn for our first Seabourn cruise so we found your ship photos very interesting (not to mention, of course, your fabulous port photos).

I have many questions about Seabourn that I will be posting but I was wondering if you could tell me where the makeup vanity is located. It's pretty hard to spot on any of the room layouts in the brochure or online. Thanks.

There is a magnifying mirror in the bathroom on the vanity unit with the basins, there is also a mirror with a shelf underneath and drawer unit together with a stool in the main bedroom which I used as I could plug my hair straightners directly into this

I really enjoyed your blog and photos. We are big Seabourn fans and have done two 14 day cruises. I cannot begin to think how one would pack for a world cruise with so many days and so many changes of climates. Any advice? Do you ship large numbers of suitcases to the ship? I have read other peoples world cruise blogs but these logistical issues befuddle me. Do you take tons of clothes or just get sick of wearing the same ones?

Archived