fleetwide starting in June. The new program Camp Carnival Night Owls, will

offer supervised activities from 10 p.m. on for three age groups. For age 2 to

11 years, the program will operate until midnight and cost $13 per child with

a 15% gratuity. The program will operate until 1 a.m. for those age 6 to 8

years and cost $20 with a 15% tip. And for kids age 9 to 11 years old, the

program will end at 3 a.m., when children can be delivered back to their

staterooms. That program will cost $33 plus 15%. Participating children will

also receive a gift backpack.

So does this mean that the baby-sitting service for children under 9 will end at 12 midnight? Are these prices quoted above per night? Just looking for a clear understanding how this new program will work because the FAQ section still has details for the baby-sitting service of 10pm to 3am, $6 for 1st child and $4 for additional sibling.

Carnival Adds New Late-Night Children's Program

Carnival Cruise Lines will offer a new late-night children's activity program

fleetwide starting in June. The new program Camp Carnival Night Owls, will

offer supervised activities from 10 p.m. on for three age groups.

For age 2 to

a 15% gratuity.

The program will operate until 1 a.m. for those age 6 to 8

years and cost $20 with a 15% tip.

And for kids age 9 to 11 years old, the

program will end at 3 a.m., when children can be delivered back to their

staterooms. That program will cost $33 plus 15%.

Participating children will

also receive a gift backpack.

So does this mean that the baby-sitting service for children under 9 will end at 12 midnight? Are these prices quoted above per night? Just looking for a clear understanding how this new program will work because the FAQ section still has details for the baby-sitting service of 10pm to 3am, $6 for 1st child and $4 for additional sibling.

Seems to me that

For age 2 to

a 15% gratuity.

Should have read---

For age 2 to

5 years, the program will operate until midnight and cost $13 per child with

a 15% gratuity.

I would believe that this cost is per night. IIRC the $6 & $4 charges are/were hourly.

Does 'with a 15% gratuity' mean it is included in the price or additional (as it is for beverages)?

This is a very confusing writeup. It sounds like there is no "second" child discount and that those prices quoted are for the whole program even if your child only attends a small portion of it.

Questions left open:

* Are they eliminating the $6/$4 per hour option or will that still be available?

* Can you do a shorter period of time for less money or is that a flat price for the whole program? (What if the child wants to leave early?) Example: What if you have a 9-year old and he/she just wants to participate from 10pm to midnight only and then go to bed. Would the cost still be the $33 plus the 15% gratuity? Or would it be $13 plus the gratuity? .. OR would it be subject to the old hourly pricing model?

I don't think it would be right if would have to pay the entire amount $33 plus 15% if you put your 9 y/o child in at say 10pm, and then 30 min later at 10:30pm decides he/she wants to leave.

Also, what if you just wanted to bring the child at a later time, like at midnight for an hour?

This leaves a lot of questions open. I will await the details...

Where did this info come from? The Carnival website??

Hmmmm on our last cruise we only did the late night babysitting for dd once - because she wanted to stay for the late stuff... but she wanted to be picked up within an hour into it - just too tired. So a flat rate for the evening doesnt sound like something that would work for us. If thats the case I dont see us using the late night babysitting or whatever they want to call it now as an option.

Late night program is not new- whats new is the price tag and I agree with the above person-- sometimes staying to midnight (the extra hour) is not worth it-- so you'd be paying for it anyways?

and the kids program after 10 was 2-8 year olds and it was quiet time. (movies)

(if I recall- I always thought the 2-5 year olds had til midnight.

anyways- what happens to families that have a 5 year old and an 8 year old-- too bad --pick up one child and leave the other.

who thinks of these things????

I find the prices a little high. In January, they had a late night party, (10pm - 3:00am) for the 9 - 11 age group and the cost was only $26.00, which is a little less then the normal $6.00 per hour etc. This was offerd only one night during the cruise. (Triumph out of NOLA).

If it is going up to $33.00 plus a tip, then it's now more then $6.00 per hour. Does not sound like good business practice.

We were on Liberty in April. My 10 year old DS did the late night party-$26 10pm-3:30am!:eek: He was delivered to our cabin at 3:45am. Too late for my taste, but he had a blast. I would have been a bit more comfortable if it ended by around 2am.

We were on Liberty in April. My 10 year old DS did the late night party-$26 10pm-3:30am!:eek: He was delivered to our cabin at 3:45am. Too late for my taste, but he had a blast. I would have been a bit more comfortable if it ended by around 2am.

I'm not real comfortable with 3:30 either, which is why I just go and pick up my 11YO DD about 1:00. ;)

if that is the official line on pricing details I think manyyyy families will reconsider sailing Carnival as there will be completely NO flexibility in pricing.....their current policy is fair and easily understood. This new policy sounds like it will be a disaster. I would like clarification on this as well, like an official statement from John, etc.

if that is the official line on pricing details I think manyyyy families will reconsider sailing Carnival as there will be completely NO flexibility in pricing.....their current policy is fair and easily understood. This new policy sounds like it will be a disaster. I would like clarification on this as well, like an official statement from John, etc.

Me too. We have already decided not to cruise next year, and this kind of policy will definitely not entice us back. An all-or-nothing approach to nightly babysitting is not good. It is just another way to squeeze more revenue out of passengers without raising fares.

Get your nickles and dimes out Carnival is at it again..........Looks like all they are doing is re-packaging what they all ready offer, calling it something different and charging more for it.

Yep. I would be fine if they wanted to raise the per hour charge. However, I'm not fine with paying for time I will not be using.

The new pricing is something of a muddled mess of confusion....I think I would rather pay an increase in hourly of a couple of bucks more an hour..up to nine dollars an hour after the regular Camp Carnival times are over...I think they are doing this to not have workers there when less children are attending,and they will get paid for a block of time vs how many per hour...BAD MOVE CARNIVAL

Archived