destiny cabins

Hi Hollydog 4:)

You will find that all the cabins are the same size up to about Deck 5, so no point in paying the extra for a higher deck. I think it is from 6 upwards where they get a bit bigger, but then you pay for the privilege.

We were on Destiny on Deck 3 outside in March and had parallel beds with a pull up table in between (they could be pushed together if you wanted a double). Can't remember the cabin number, but if you look at the deck plans you should be able to tell which ones have the L shaped configuration. If not, if you pre-book a cabin the advisor should be able to tell you.

When on Destiny previously we always booked a deck 5 thinking they were bigger but this is not the case, the one we had on Deck 3 was exactly the same. When you think about it, all you do is sleep and change in them so you could spend the extra money on other things.:D

Hope this helps a bit.

Janet

hi we booked yesterday deck 6 outside L shaped think nearly all outsides on all decks are L shaped. Hav read that the L shape seem more spacious and with a window prob do .....

• 3 weeks later...

When we were on the destiny I specifically booked cabin 6002 (right at the front of the ship facing forward) as these were NOT in an L shape. We had two parallel beds - cabin was quite big. Would book deluxe cabin on deck 7 next if we travelled again on the Destiny. Not my favourite ship due to the cabins.

Hi,

We had an inside cabin on the mysterious Deck 6, No. 6032 over New Year. Yes, it was small, but providing you are tidy, and put your clothes, etc., away each time, there is no problem. We did not spend that much time in the cabin= out during the day, and and drinking/eating during the evening, so was not a problem for us. Depends on if you spend a lot of time in your cabin. We had a deluxe cabin on our first cruise on the Celebration, and to be honest, it was total waste of money as hardly spent any time in it. Would defintely go for an insider again.

Regrards

Lyn

xx

Just looking to book for 2012, never been on the destiny, want an outside cabin but not L shaped, can anyone suggest what level is best (looking at 4,5 or 6)or even cabin number:confused:

Whatever deck you choose I'd definitely say get as far forward as you can we were in 2173 and the noise in the cabin was really bad and got louder and louder the further back you went - even through ear plugs - I think the propellers are under that section of the ship. Also I'd say go for an L shape layout as they feel more spacious to the twin bed lay out cabins.

We were originally in cabin 3072 an inside cabin on deck 3 mid ship (sharing with Mother In law but because the cabin was so small we had to get an additional cabin) and it was as quiet as anything in that cabin so if you have a look at the cabin/deck layouts look out for that number and I can safely assure you anything within that area on deck 2 to 6 outside or inside will be quiet cabins.

Have a search for the thread about cabin numbers and you might find some cabin numbers of use in there.

Haydrew

:)

Archived