Alaska Cruises this year....

Eventide331

Does Alaska seem higher than normal to you? I have made a deposit on an August cruise but was hoping for a price reduction before final payment. Any hope out there? This is the seattle roundtrip on the Westerdam.

Does Alaska seem higher than normal to you? I have made a deposit on an August cruise but was hoping for a price reduction before final payment. Any hope out there? This is the seattle roundtrip on the Westerdam.

You know the last three years I have been watching AK prices and I have to agree. It seems like the prices are just a bit higher for the same cruise @ the same time as in previous years. Lets hope those prices can come down some for you.

Princess, as expected, has announced a number of reductions in the past two weeks including some 2/1's. These are not necessarily for peak season or prime cabins but are available. In fact I am looking at an email from Princess with inside cabins as low as $429 and balconies for $899.

I booked an OV cabin on a 7 day southbound itinerary on HAL Zaandam.

And recently I saw the price for the same cabin dropped to $499! Too bad it had past final payment so I couldn't price adjust.

I think that "normal" is actually what you are seeing for current prices and the rock-bottom low prices you saw in 2008-2010 were just abnormally low. And even last year, many of the low prices were only after final payment.

August is prime-time for cruising, and round-trips are usually more expensive, so for the best deals you have to cruise earlier or later in the season, look at one-ways, or be flexible with exact ship and date.

I don't think you'll see many price reductions until after final payment, but it will obviously depend on your specific sailing.

Two years ago, Alaska cruises significantly cut hunderds of cabins/week. So, indeed prices are going to be up, comparing supply and demand. IF you want the bargains, now, head to Europe. :)

There will always be unpredictable last minute discounted cabins available. If you are very flexable, then this could be an option to consider.

There are bargains out there if you are diligent. Just booked a 14 day round trip on the Amsterdam (inside gty) from Seattle for less than $2600 total for two people (June 10 sailing). That's about $93 per person per day.

There are bargains out there if you are diligent. Just booked a 14 day round trip on the Amsterdam (inside gty) from Seattle for less than $2600 total for two people (June 10 sailing). That's about $93 per person per day.

The Amsterdam is on sale for several sailings, and even more so, on the travel industry sites. :)

After returning from our 6th AK cruise last September (on NCL) we decided to book the same ship and same suite again, so it was almost a year in advance. Not only did we get a better price than last year we also got $450 in on-board credit.

But now trying to book other family members on the same cruise in their own suite, the prices have gone up a LOT!

But the AK cruises are so worth it.

Good luck - enjoy!

I watched for reductions for our upcoming cruise for a long time. We're after final payment now, so I stopped looking. The price never went down for us. In fact, our category sold out early, so we would have had to upgrade or downgrade if I had seen a reduction.

Archived