Walking Distance Gatwick Airport to Train Servicr

My friend and I will be arriving in Gatwick Airport (Air Transat) from Canada on May 20th. She has recently experienced a knee problem so we are wondering just how far it would be to walk from the arrivals area to the train that we will take into London.

I am not sure exactly what terminal that Air Transat uses in Gatwick and would appreciate receiving any info you can provide based on the above.

Thanks.

Air Transat uses the south terminal, which is also where the train station is.

From coming through arrivals it is about a 1 minute (or less) walk to the ticket office area where there are escallators and lifts down to the platforms.

My friend and I will be arriving in Gatwick Airport (Air Transat) from Canada on May 20th. She has recently experienced a knee problem so we are wondering just how far it would be to walk from the arrivals area to the train that we will take into London.

I am not sure exactly what terminal that Air Transat uses in Gatwick and would appreciate receiving any info you can provide based on the above.

If your friend has a dodgy knee, think about which station in London will be closer to your hotel. While the Gatwick express goes to Victoria Station, there are other trains, to other stations (like London Bridge), that might make the transfer to your hotel easier.

With a dodgy knee, it's the distance from the plane to the lift for the trains. Do pre-arrange for a wheelchair assist and that will be of immeasurable benefit. Trust me on this!

In addition, it can be a trek to a taxi at the Victoria Station. You might want to consider a taxi or car service from LGW to your hotel. Nothing worse than arriving and then suffering from a bum knee. The wheelchair transport (and do tip them) can take you to the taxi stop. And do be sure your hotel has a lift, no 4th floor bargain walk-ups with luggage!

With a dodgy knee, it's the distance from the plane to the lift for the trains. Do pre-arrange for a wheelchair assist and that will be of immeasurable benefit. Trust me on this!

A wheelchair fast-tracks you thro' immigration too :)

John Bull

Archived