Carnival photographer/pictures question!

Ok I have a question...or two

I am having a photographer come to my hotel room the morning of the wedding (embarkation day wedding onboard the Carnival Glory out of Miami) to take pictures of us getting ready and stuff. I told her the prices that carnival charges for the wedding pictures. She said I should ask how much it would be to just purchase a CD of all the pictures instead and she could go through them and edit them for me and charge me a way better price to print them and put them on canvas', albums, etc.

Now the question is, do any of you know if the photographer would do this? And if so, the price range? I know I could ask Carnival themselves but I thought I would get a quicker response from you guys.

Hoping to hear from you guys :)

When I was married on board CDs of the photos were only offered with the packages. Depending upon which package you purchased determined if you received only some of the photos or all of the photos

On the Dream, the photographer had pre-printed photos for us to choose which we wanted out of them. We were told you must first buy the printed version in order to get the digital version of that image. Buying only the CD was not an option.

The CD only includes pictures that you purchase as a print as well. I am pretty confident that you will not be able to convince them to make an exception, or at least one that is not the same price as buying the photo's. We ended up having to buy the large package just because I wanted ALL my photos on a CD, even the ones that he did not alter, or print. (Some things I might like that he did not think was worth printing). I do not regret my choice, my photos were fantastic!!!!

Oh that kind of bums me out, oh well! I'll have to deal with it. I also want to know, does the photographer edit the images? Could i request that he/she doesn't? Or are they already edited when you go to see them?

The ones that are printed are usually edited. I am sure you could ask them not to, but I'm not to sure why you would not want them edited. They also will print some of the best ones in black and white and sepia for you to see too. You will not be dissapointed. The photographer will also put together a DVD slide show, that I could not leave without, it was amazing!!! He set it to the music of our wedding.

• 2 weeks later...

We managed to negotiate a package that just contained the CD of ALL images and 3 full size storybooks and 2 mini storybooks. We paid a premium for them (think almost the price of the full package) but as we didn't want the printed images or canvases or slideshows or such, it worked out well.

Archived