Activity on silversea cruise critic

scapel

I noticed that Silversea has very little activity on the Cruise Critic site. On other cruise sites (Carnival, RCCL, Celebrity etc) there are post in the range of 200 to 1000 post per cruise. I know the ships have less guest per cruise, but the proportion doesn't seem to fit.

Any idea why this is?

The first post we noticed from you was one insisting that an honorable contributor to the SS forum apologize to Meow! for a statement any regular reader would know was written with humor in mind. You asked a question, then answered it. To go one step beyond, a small percentage of SS cruisers know CC exisits and an even smaller percentage of those take time for such dribble.

Oregon50,

Apparently you've taken the time for such dribble 241 times. I do not consider CC dribble at all. It is a valuable source for advice and information. I do agree that only a small percentage of passengers are aware of CC.

That is an interesting fact, Joe. One reason there is not much activity is that there is no separate listing for roll-calls. I was one of the ones who voted a few months ago that roll calls have a separate listing, as most of the cruiselines do. I was outvoted, and so many of these postings have to do with specific sailings.

I like to read about Silversea cruises, but I tend to skip threads that deal with a particular sailing if I am not either sailing on that itinerary or considering it.

Regent has a very active board, not sure about Seabourn. Of course, many of the topics such as dress code, rough seas remedies, and smoking have been done to death so perhaps the threads these days are just not prompting readers to post with something new.

Also, like Wripro, I have learned much useful information from this board that has helped me enjoy my SS cruises even more.

That is an interesting fact, Joe. One reason there is not much activity is that there is no separate listing for roll-calls. I was one of the ones who voted a few months ago that roll calls have a separate listing, as most of the cruiselines do. I was outvoted, and so many of these postings have to do with specific sailings.

I like to read about Silversea cruises, but I tend to skip threads that deal with a particular sailing if I am not either sailing on that itinerary or considering it.

Regent has a very active board, not sure about Seabourn. Of course, many of the topics such as dress code, rough seas remedies, and smoking have been done to death so perhaps the threads these days are just not prompting readers to post with something new.

Also, like Wripro, I have learned much useful information from this board that has helped me enjoy my SS cruises even more.

Yes,

When we went on the Silver Whisper, I was looking under Roll Calls and couldn't find Silversea. I think I asked a question and someone pointed me to the cruise line to look for postings. I guess most people on Silversea have been on enough cruises to not look for information. They all seem to be well travelled. I think on the Silver Whisper cruise Duct Tape was the only one from cruise critic that came and found me.

It is difficult to read the listings here with all the roll calls and other threads together. I asked Host Dan to consider making a separate roll call for SS and we had a vote. The majority wanted to keep them all here. I still think it is difficult to use the SS area because of that, but I am in the minority on that.

Archived