Mariner Review

Starlake666, we are doing the western route, same as last year on the Triumph, felt we missed some of the ports. Really enjoyed Cozumel and want to hang out in Jamaica alittle.

My 14 yr old daughter is a figure skater so I won't miss the skate show, she's not coming this time but we hope to take her when she's 16. At present I travel w/ my sister. Girl thing:D

We haven't actualy booked the Mariner, it's about $300 more than last years cruise and I'm digesting that, but we will, want to also save another little bit:)

Did you go to Johnny Rockets or the specialty dining? Was the ship filled to capacity, did it feel crowded? I think this ship is the biggest we've been on! How was the Royal Promanade, city street like??

The Western route is my favorite ! Watch out for Carlos and Charlie !!! They get us every time!

We did go to Johnny Rockets twice...it was good. The milkshakes are super good and so is the Oreo Chocolate Sundaes! And I loved the onion rings. You can see we weren't dieting. There is a surcharge there, but it's only something like $3 a person.

The ship was filled to capacity, over 3300 hundred people. I do have to say it seemed a little crowded, but nothing that bothersome. Really the only time it seemed a pain was in the luncheon buffet area....it was always crowded and hard to find a table.

The shopping promanade area is very nice....you feel like you're on a steet in Paris. There is a great English pub and a wine bar, also coffee, ice cream, snacks and cookies etc. There is entertainment every night before dinner, singers or waiters dancing.

Unless it's really a stretch, I'd say this ship is worth the $300 extra. It's a beautiful, beautiful ship. I still like Carnival a little better, but only cause the nightlife is a little more lively and I enjoy the late night comedians so much.

The ship was filled to capacity, over 3300 hundred people. I do have to say it seemed a little crowded, but nothing that bothersome. Really the only time it seemed a pain was in the luncheon buffet area....it was always crowded and hard to find a table.

We've been on the Mariner twice, exactly a year apart, and both cruises were supposedly filled to "capacity". No empty rooms either time.

In 2004 the ship didn't feel crowded at all but in 2005 with another 300 people on board (3-4 to a room) it seemed crowded everywhere.

We found the DR food perfectly acceptable but the buffet restaurant didn't seem as good as last year. After eating breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer a couple of days the food seemed to have very little taste and the little sub sandwiches were inedible without a hammer to soften the bread. I honestly thought the crowns were going to come off my teeth trying to eat one one day.

It's a beautiful ship but too many people at "capacity", whatever that really is.

Archived