So Bummed - Missed Behind he Fun Tour

So I immediately went to the excursion desk when I got on board and booked the Behind the Fun Tour. I was so psyched. But on our last excursion day in Costa Maya I broke my toe and my mom insisted I couldn't squish it into a closed toe shoe and hike around the ship for 4 hours - so we canceled. I was so bummed :( Oh well, something to look forward to on our next cruise :)

Otherwise had a fabulous trip. Roatan was our favorite port.

We will be in Roatan in June. What did you do to make it your favorite port? We don't know what we are doing there yet.

Thank you

We did the mangrove tour and Iguana Farm. Our driver asked if we wanted to zip line and she would get us a good deal, but we had already done that on a previous cruise. We were going to see the monkeys but decided we were too tired by the end of the mangroves, iguanas, and lunch.

Basically we got to see both sides of the island. The scenery is amazing, jungles, "mountains", and beautiful beaches. We also stopped at Parrot Tree and saw some of the resort. My son really loves architecture, so our guide took us here to see the beautiful buildings and landscape. There are condos to purchase there and a hotel.

The only thing I would warn anyone about in Roatan, is that if you choose an independent excursion, there is a huge hill you have to walk up to get to the place to meet your guide. If you have someone in your group that can't make the hike, then I would get a taxi from the port to take you up the hill.

My first cruise is comeing up May 30th on the miracle and am trying to decide on what to book for excusions or fun and whatnot. What is that behind the fun tour and how much is it? Thanks :)

It's a complete tour of the ship with visiting the bridge probably being the highlight. We took the tour on The Valor and the cost was $95 pp. Most rave about this tour, we found it to be questionable with regards to what they charge, but to each his own!

Archived