Mt. Roberts Tramway

chrise718

My husband and I were interested in going up the Mt. Roberts Tramway when we were visiting Juneau but I am unsure if we will have enough time. We arrive in Juneau at 2pm and have an excursion scheduled at 3:15pm. Will we have time to go up and back before our excursion starts?

Seems unlikely. Although you "arrive" at 2pm, you will probably not be able to walk off at 2pm sharp. With a 2pm arrival, expect EVERYONE on board to want to get off when clearance is given.

On my alaska trip (princess) most excursions met on the dock just off the ship, but expected you to check in a few minutes prior to your start time. If yours requires you to meet in a lounge onboard, that will take even more time to get back on the ship.

At best, you may have time to obtain tickets, ride up and right back down, but what's the point? I don't think the ride is the attraction, it's enjoying the sights while you're up there. Why rush it?

My husband and I were interested in going up the Mt. Roberts Tramway when we were visiting Juneau but I am unsure if we will have enough time. We arrive in Juneau at 2pm and have an excursion scheduled at 3:15pm. Will we have time to go up and back before our excursion starts?

Depending how long your excursion lasts you might consider doing the tramway after your excursion. If you arrive at 2 probably don't leave Juneau until 10 or later...think the tramway closes at 9

Many times, the 2pm arrivals are early and disembarkment is on time. If your tour "meets" on the dock at 3:15pm, you sure do have time for the 5 minute tram ride, 10 minutes round trip. :) Use that same ticket for a second trip up later, if you wish to hike. :)

Depending how long your excursion lasts you might consider doing the tramway after your excursion. If you arrive at 2 probably don't leave Juneau until 10 or later...think the tramway closes at 9

Thank you for the suggestion but our excursion doesn't get back until 8:15pm and the tram closes at 9pm according to the website.

Thanks to everyone for the responses. :)

Previous poster is absolutely right - no point in going up if the top is shrouded in fog...

We have been to Juneau 3 times now and am still waiting for a clear day sot hat I can go up...always has rained and been foggy.

I pre-paid for the Tram through RCCL. Should I cancel this and pay for it when we get there on the chance the weather is no good. If so, is there a chance it could be sold out or does that not happen. The price is the same either way.

Cancel & wait till you get there. You might not be able to get a refund if you book thru the cruise line and the weather is bad. I've seen the tram running in bad weather.

You walk right pass the tram station to get to town, it runs all day and is a quick trip up/down. Won't sell out.

Cancel & wait till you get there. You might not be able to get a refund if you book thru the cruise line and the weather is bad. I've seen the tram running in bad weather.

You walk right pass the tram station to get to town, it runs all day and is a quick trip up/down. Won't sell out.

Thank You! I just cancelled the tram.

I love this board!

Archived