Medication Question

Probably a dumb question, but I am good at that:D Is Panadeine Forte allowed on a US ship leaving and sailing in oz/nz waters, or is this governed by customs in oz/nz. Reason is that I had heard that this medication is a banned substance in the US.....and not even sure if that is true fact. I do know that we have to have the letter from doctor. Thanks.

Jen

IIRC Panadene Forte is freely available in pharmacies in Australia, so you should not have any trouble carrying that medication into and travelling from Australia. If it is prescription medicine (i:e: NOT freely available over the counter) then just bring a letter from your medical practitioner saying what medications you take and when . No big dramas .

Probably a dumb question, but I am good at that:D Is Panadeine Forte allowed on a US ship leaving and sailing in oz/nz waters, or is this governed by customs in oz/nz. Reason is that I had heard that this medication is a banned substance in the US.....and not even sure if that is true fact. I do know that we have to have the letter from doctor. Thanks.

Jen

No such thing as a dumb question Jen.

The problem with Panadeine forte is it contains codeine.

Codeine is a prescription only drug in Australia and is banned in some countries. For instance in Singapore you have to get prior government approval to import it - even if you have a doctors prescription.

My advice would be to check with the appropriate authorities of the country you are visiting.

Thanks Dennis. This is what I thought, in that it would be governed by each countries customs. We are only visiting NZ, and it is ok for there, but was wondering re the ship, as it is a US one (Sea Princess). I assume they go by different laws again ie the maritime ones. Will ring Princess and check (but doubt that they would know).

Obviously if it is banned elsewhere, then there are other alternative medicines to take for pain relief.

Jen

Hey, come on.....I am on the 'friends' list. lol You are a cheeky devil, but love the banter...keep it up...I can take it.

But you are quite right, there may be a limit. Will check. Best to be sure.

Jen

Guess it always pays to check if you are carrying too much Panadine Forte...last thing a cruise line company would want is someone cooking up some crystal meth in there suite lol :confused: :D

Thank you so much for giving me my laugh of the evening (15 hours behind Sydney where we are) about "cooking up some crystal meth!"

That's the best!!

Archived