Should we switch cabins on the Star?

bklsmom

I just checked prices on the Star for our Christmas day sailing, and it looks as though their has been a price drop...Currently, we have 2 cabins booked. One Mid ship Balcony for myself and DH, and across the hall, an inside for DD and mother in law. We figured we could all share our balcony for coffee etc. and no need to book 2 balcony cabins to go a bit cheaper. These Holiday cruises are far more expensive, so trying to cut costs. Now I see on NCL web site, that their is an aft suite available that sleeps 4, for about the same price we paid for the 2 cabins. My question, Is the aft suite on deck 9 large enough to sleep all 4 adults comfortable? Should we consider changing to one room for us all and perks of a suite? Or, should we stay with one balcony and one inside? Please help make our decision. I just don't want us to be fighting for room!

Sorry I can't help more but I've never stayed in a penthouse suite, but if you want to see the layout of that cabin check it out on the Dawn (sister ship) as the star doesn't have the layout in their photo & details.

Looking at the layout I'm not sure where the 4th person sleeps since the loveseat doesn't look big enough to fit 2. But the cabin is at least 150sq ft bigger than a normal balcony.

From looking at the cabin layout on the NCL website it looks like the couch is the same size as the one in our mini-suite on the Sun in Jan. Our DS (18) slept on it and while there is room for 2 children there wouldn't have been room for 2 adults. While the suite perks would be awesome with 4 adults the ones sleeping on the sofa would not be comfortable in my opinion.

Sorry I can't help more but I've never stayed in a penthouse suite, but if you want to see the layout of that cabin check it out on the Dawn (sister ship) as the star doesn't have the layout in their photo & details.

Looking at the layout I'm not sure where the 4th person sleeps since the loveseat doesn't look big enough to fit 2. But the cabin is at least 150sq ft bigger than a normal balcony.

Wouldn't it be the layout for the Aft Penthouse suite?

Wouldn't it be the layout for the Aft Penthouse suite?

Yes, actually what I meant was I haven't stayed in any suite, penthouse or otherwise so I could not help in that aspect.

I was just saying that if the OP wanted to see a layout for what they were looking at and couldn't find on about our ships "the star" to look at "the dawn".

If you are looking at the SF category, I wouldn't make the change. We were in an SF on the Dawn and had enough room for two. I wouldn't want 4 adults in the room unless you REALLY like each other.

... even though the suite perks are THE BEST, I think you would find it crowded. Also, one couple would get the wonderful bliss bed and the other two would be on a pull out sofa that is not very comfortable.

If you get the foam mattress for it, then it might be tolerable. There is a good privacy curtain surrounding the bed, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm glad I came here to ask before I rebooked a different room. I think we will stay in the balcony and inside cabins. Last thing I want is to be too crowded or fighting over the comfy beds.

Archived