Can you request a cabin change on a guarantee?

I booked an OV Guarantee and just got my cabin assignment and I don't like it.....am I stuck or can I request a change to see if they have any mid ship on a higher deck?

This is my first guarantee and traveling with girlfriends vs my family so we decided to go this route as it was cheaper to get 2 OV guarantee cabins than 4 of us in an inside.

I booked an OV Guarantee and just got my cabin assignment and I don't like it.....am I stuck or can I request a change to see if they have any mid ship on a higher deck?

This is my first guarantee and traveling with girlfriends vs my family so we decided to go this route as it was cheaper to get 2 OV guarantee cabins than 4 of us in an inside.

You can change it as long as it's in the same category you were assigned. You can go on Royals website, pick one thats open and asked to be changed specifically to that. Only problem is with OVs they tend to be the same category per deck, so the category you were assigned might all be on the deck you're trying to get off of.

You can change it as long as it's in the same category you were assigned. You can go on Royals website, pick one thats open and asked to be changed specifically to that. Only problem is with OVs they tend to be the same category per deck, so the category you were assigned might all be on the deck you're trying to get off of.

Correct, but they don't have to agree to the change.

I get very frustrated wit threads like this, even though I know I shouldn't.

A Guarantee cabin means that you have no control over your cabin allocation beyond the fact that it will be the grade you contracted to or higher. If you wanted a specific cabin, or a specific position or a specific deck, then do as so many others do and pay the asking price.

A Guarantee cabin means that you have no control over your cabin allocation beyond the fact that it will be the grade you contracted to or higher. If you wanted a specific cabin, or a specific position or a specific deck, then do as so many others do and pay the asking price.

I kind of agree, but at the same time you're still risking the chance that you won't get your assignment until boarding, or be stuck in a bad one with no chance of change. Sometimes you're lucky and get the assignment early, but I think it's kind of fair that you can change it as long as it's in the same category, but at the same time you shouldn't complain if you get stuck with something.

I kind of agree, but at the same time you're still risking the chance that you won't get your assignment until boarding, or be stuck in a bad one with no chance of change. Sometimes you're lucky and get the assignment early, but I think it's kind of fair that you can change it as long as it's in the same category, but at the same time you shouldn't complain if you get stuck with something.

Yes

I guess we are singing from the same hymn sheet.

However, I am a TA, and the amount of phone calls I get from people who book a GTY even though I explain it letter by letter, word by word is quite ridiculous.

Yes

I guess we are singing from the same hymn sheet.

However, I am a TA, and the amount of phone calls I get from people who book a GTY even though I explain it letter by letter, word by word is quite ridiculous.

I have to agree with you...if people are willing to gamble on a gty then they should have to take what they get...it's really not fair to the rest of us who pay extra (sometimes) for the priviledge of picking our cabin...maybe if view of all of RCL's other changes they could start charging people a small fee...say $25 to go back into the Gty pool...

I have to agree with you...if people are willing to gamble on a gty then they should have to take what they get...it's really not fair to the rest of us who pay extra (sometimes) for the priviledge of picking our cabin...maybe if view of all of RCL's other changes they could start charging people a small fee...say $25 to go back into the Gty pool...

That is a superb idea.

If you are not happy with your cabin pay a nominal sum and go back in the GTY pool.

a) Could provide a small revenue stream

b) Would stop people making fatuous phone calls.

We should go into business together

Could call ourselves Hands across the Pond:D

what cabin did you get?

I am not complaining by any means....I am fine with our assignment and deck, I just don't want to be closer to the middle as I am prone to sea sickness. I always book online on Royal's site and this was my first guarantee.

I had originally booked an interior on deck 8, then followed by an Oceanview on Deck 8 mid ship but we decided to do the guarantee as the price was just a tad cheaper $13 pp but we were now in 2 cabins vs 1.

That is a superb idea.

If you are not happy with your cabin pay a nominal sum and go back in the GTY pool.

a) Could provide a small revenue stream

b) Would stop people making fatuous phone calls.

We should go into business together

Could call ourselves Hands across the Pond:D

Excellent idea Lol...I think we'd be an International Sucess!:D

Archived