Honeymoon on Freedom of the Seas - Sept 11

Cruising "Secret" -- Royal Caribbean plans their best meals in the Main Dining Room for at-sea nights, so book your specialty restaurant while in port. Formal night is usually "at-sea," when everyone has no choice but to dine on the ship. Have a blast, whatever you decide!

Great advice - thanks for that:) I presume this is generally the case or are there exceptions

Joe, my daughter Eimear and I were fried on Grand Cayman, worst sunburn I've had in 10 years. We made a really stupid mistake. We put on the Factor 20 that morning, but after swimming with the stingrays, we forgot to reapply it. BIG mistake.

Re - the numbers, the ship will be as near as no matter to full, but the crowd may be slightly older than a summer cruise would be.

We had MTD for our last cruise and ended up with the same wait staff every night, but we were on a smaller ship. We had late seating on Freedom, which worked fine. With the gratuities, MTD is only available if they are prepaid, so presumably they have a pooling system on board.

Johnny Rockets is very good if you're a burger fan (Think Eddie Rockets and you won't go too far wrong.)

The roll call for your cruise is always a good idea, I see an earlier poster linked to it.

Here's a link to my Facebook album from the cruise, if your a member, send me a friend request.

Donal.

Factor 50 it is then so and plenty of it:cool: I'm on the old bookface but not the biggest user of it LOL

Firstly, congratulations on your marriage!! :D

Myself and Patrick had our own honeymoon on Freedom of the seas in 2007, and loved every minute of it! I did a 'live from' review charting our trip back then, which can be read here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=659358 if you're interested.

Also, I'm not up to date on the brochures, or whether Ireland gets the same brochures as in England, but when we booked, we received a complimentary romance package because it was our honeymoon. Just had to provide proof of our intention to marry (we faxed a copy of our wedding certificate over, as we wed 2 weeks before the cruise). It got us hors d'eurves, chocolate-strawberries, champagne etc; but best of all was the photo frame an picture, which is still on our mantleplace. :)

Checked out your thread - excellent and very useful.

Unfortunately we booked the Honeymoon with a TA so not sure if there is anything that we can do - what do you think

My fiancée is curious to know what to expect with regards to food on FOS. She is not at all into eggs for breakfast so if you could please bear this in mind.

Also have they a good selection of salads in Windjammer. We are big into the salads!!

Factor 50 it is then so and plenty of it:cool: I'm on the old bookface but not the biggest user of it LOL

Might I suggest you consider as high a number as possible? We used 85 and still got a bit on the red side. Don't risk ruining your extra special vacation.

My fiancée is curious to know what to expect with regards to food on FOS. She is not at all into eggs for breakfast so if you could please bear this in mind.

Also have they a good selection of salads in Windjammer. We are big into the salads!!

Breakfast will offer all you can imagine. Eggs, bagels, toast, english muffins, danish, yogurt, granola, cereals, waffles, pancakes, donuts, fruit, etc..... And if you go to the MDR, you also have lots of choices, as well as a 'smaller' buffet of choices.

I am sure you will both find plenty to choose from.

Erika

Checked out your thread - excellent and very useful.

Unfortunately we booked the Honeymoon with a TA so not sure if there is anything that we can do - what do you think

We booked through a TA as well - if they still have the offer on, either follow the instructions, or have your TA do it on your behalf. :)

We booked through a TA as well - if they still have the offer on, either follow the instructions, or have your TA do it on your behalf. :)

We will be due to pay the remainder of our honeymoon bill to the TA soon - so great time for the TA to earn his money:D

Hi folks - been trawling through the boards and somethings seems to pop up and that is the Solarium and the lack of availability of seating in this area - it seems to be a favorite place for chair hogging.

What are peoples view of this?:confused:

Joe, I never found seating in the Solarium on Freedom a problem - As far as I can see, Chair Hogging is more of a probem beside the pool. The Solarium is my favourite part of the ships, and when I was on Freedom, the staff were absolutely strict about enforcing the under 16s rule and other regulations in there.

The Solarium was my favourite part of the ship, to the extent that if any family members were looking for me, they went to the cantilevered whirlpools first! God I envy you just thinking about it.

Returning to our "small world" theme, do you perchance share a surname with a historic Australian outlaw?

• 2 months later...

My Time Dining means you can choose when to eat, and not be tied down to an early or late sitting. A section of the dining room is set aside for MTD.

However, it's not just a matter of turning up, and they do ask you to book. On the first day, bookings are taken up to 4.30, it's a little later on subsequent days.

There's no guarantee of a table for two, but you may get one if you want it. Alternatively, sharing a bigger table may lead to interesting conversations and new friends. With MTD, you have more control, and may choose wehat to do based on your mood. You may have different wait staff depending on what time you go in. In our case, wer had MTD last year and got the same table and wait staff every night.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived