Pre Cruise Hotels used by Royal Carribean for Cape Liberty departures

Hi everyone! This is my first post so sorry if there is already a thread dealing with this topic. There are four of us traveling in November for a Southern Carribean cruise on the Explorer of the Sea. We fly over from Belfast Northern Ireland the day before and RC put us up in a nearby hotel before we join the cruise. Just wodering if anyone from UK has done the same in the past and which hotels they were put up in?

Thanks for any info:)

Hi we sailed Explorer out of liberty last november and we styed in the Sheraton airport hotel the night before it an ok hotel nothing special and it was easy to get into NewYork by train they do use other hotels but not sure which ones

Hi

Its part of the package really. We are staying on in NY for a few nights after the cruise in the Holiday Inn Midtown but we organised that ourselves. Travel agent said it would probably be an airport hotel near Newark which we fly into but couldn't be more specific. I'm sure it will be fine! Really looking forward to it. Just booked today and its all our first Cruise so bit of early holiday highs!!!

archie4 you will have a fantastic cruise we did southern caribbean itineray and loved it the ship was great and so were the crew and we made a great bunch of friends on the roll call so much so were doing a reunoin cruise on explorer next year there is about 25 of us booked up so far.

have a fantastic 1st cruise it is very addictive lol:)

Nick

Hi

I'm a Liverpool man myself!! We play you in a couple of weeks. Do you get Prem matches on the Explorer........the wife would be pleased lol!!!

That would be nice if it was easy to get into NY for a night before the cruise. We were there for a few nights last May so it would be good to visit a few old haunts.

Did you do the Southern Carribean Cruise last November?

lol yes you do play us our last game of a season to forget (not to mention your reject manager) no you dont get prem matches so the wife will be pleased but you can usualy get the results,yes we did a 12 night southern last november on explorer, labadee , samona, st tomas, st kitts , st maarteen, antigua great cruise:D

Hi

I'm a Liverpool man myself!! We play you in a couple of weeks. Do you get Prem matches on the Explorer........the wife would be pleased lol!!!

That would be nice if it was easy to get into NY for a night before the cruise. We were there for a few nights last May so it would be good to visit a few old haunts.

Did you do the Southern Carribean Cruise last November?

The best way to get into NY for a night would be to take a cab to Newark Penn Station and the train to New York Penn Station - probably about $25 each way for the cab and $5/pp each way for the train.

The best way to get into NY for a night would be to take a cab to Newark Penn Station and the train to New York Penn Station - probably about $25 each way for the cab and $5/pp each way for the train.

We took the free hotel shutle back to airport then took train from airport into newyork penn station it cost $9 each way we was told it was safer to do this way rather than newark penn.

we landed at newark about 11.30am got to hotel realy quick and was up the empire state building by 14.30 then we walked to time square had a few beers and some great food at virgils bar recomend this bar great atmosphere and very good food

got back to hotel about 11pm .

next morning we got the first transfer bus to the port and was on the ship by 11.30/12.00:):)

Hi Nick

That sounds like a great plan. I love NYC!! My wife took me last year for my big 50. Had a great time in Boston and Washington before finishing up for a few nights in the Big Apple. Just amazing so looking forward to getting back!!

Hey if I had known last year that the Red Men were going to be bought by the Red Sox I would have bought a shirt lol!!

Cheers

Archived