Newt Cruise in Alaska

nealberk

Wow, this is really a tough question. How long would a 7 night cruise be? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't have to answer because I am the president & I get all the perks anyway!!! icon_razz.gif

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Neal, that's too easy. Max of 6 months + 6 days. Just think of all the outfits you need for all those formal nights?

NBP [7<sup>2</sup>=49]

Boten, you're always good for a laugh - newtocc

Boten, I want to speak with Mrs. Boten. NOW - brigittetom

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brigittetom:

Celebrity decides. If you book a seven night cruise you will be on the ship for 7 nights. icon_smile.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but if the sun doesn't set, is it night?

I'm guessing almost 3 months. May, June and July the sun doesn't set. August, Sept, Oct, Feb, March and April about half day and half night. Nov, Dec and January all night.

That is one long cruise.

Stefanie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;08;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise on the pride

If it's dark for 6 months and light for 6 months, then I say the cruise lasts for 7 years, I can't go, I don't have that much vacation time saved up!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thenewkid:

Why does this thread say "Newt cruise??" Is this a new way to draw attention to your thread?? Leave the Newtster out of the subject and go it on your own. If you have a good thread people will post. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Relax guys! If you check elsewhere, you will see that the Newt cruise does go up to Alaska some time after it goes to San Juan and the Canal. I could have put the question in that thread but I thought it was more appropriate to make a new thread of it.

If you really think I need to move it to the other thread, I am sure I can get Walt to do so.

I'm still sticking to the easy answer. If you are on a seven night cruise, it will last 7 nights whether the sun sets or not. There is something wierd about being all dressed up sitting at the bar at 10PM having a cocktail and it's still light outside. I got passed it though. icon_biggrin.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

There is no need to worry too much about this subject. To even get one day a year when the sun doesn't set you will have to go as far north as the arctic circle. That means going up through Bering Strait to northern Alaska.

A normal Alaska cruise doesn't get much farther north than the Baltic cruises do when they visit Stockholm and Helsinki. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by north-bound:

There is no need to worry too much about this subject. To even get one day a year when the sun doesn't set you will have to go as far north as the arctic circle. That means going up through Bering Strait to northern Alaska.

A normal Alaska cruise doesn't get much farther north than the Baltic cruises do when they visit Stockholm and Helsinki. icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I can see Arctic Circles as far south as Utah. Are you saying the sun doesn't set there?

Here isa the proof. arcticlogo.gif

Arctic Circle

Archived