Number of carry-ons allowed

quilter06

I've been reading that the allowed 12 pack of non alcohol drinks and one bottle of wine should be in your carry-on at embarkment. Will they allowed another carry-on with other things like bathing suit, toiletries, medications, etc.? Is there a size limit?

The only limit to the number of carry ons is your ability to manage them.

It's not necessary to pack the sodas, etc in your carry on, specifically, but those items must be carried on. I've seen many people use those small, metal folding wheeled dollies that people often use as airports as their means of handling the soda especially for multiple people.

:)

Is it best to carry on a fan - or pack it (and lose valuable packing space) in the checked luggage?

I would think I could argue that a NEW fan would be ok at the scanning - but not sure which is best?

I've asked on another thread - but still not sure!

Is it best to carry on a fan - or pack it (and lose valuable packing space) in the checked luggage?

I would think I could argue that a NEW fan would be ok at the scanning - but not sure which is best?

It would depend on how big the fan is. Since it is not that valuable I would put it in the check baggage just so I would not have to carry it around until the cabin is ready.

What size carry on will fit through the scanner? Using a folding dollie is a great hint!

The security scanners are the same as the ones you used to always see at airports. A standard carry on suitcase fits very easily. If fact, when I sailed from Port Everglades I was able to get a full size suitcase through the scanner!!!

Just got back from a cruise on the Triumph and a very nice gentleman next to us got a huge suitcase through the scanner. I was more than impressed and will probably just take my small ishsuitcase with me as a carry on when I cruise the end of this month.

I would say put it on checked bags. Even though they are allowed on board as long as they are in good condition, you might have a over zealous security person who will disallow it. I have taken a fan on each of my cruises and have had ZERO problem gettting them onboard in my checked bag.

And thanks to Host Mach for the idea of using those foldable crates, I will be taking on water and soda on my next cruise and was wondering what the best way of wrestling it on along with my normal bags that already include the kitchen sink!:D

according to carnival website they are no longer allowing household appliances. I would check it in-- just in case

The security scanners are the same as the ones you used to always see at airports. A standard carry on suitcase fits very easily. If fact, when I sailed from Port Everglades I was able to get a full size suitcase through the scanner!!!

I remember that.....

just because it was a 2 day cruise on the Splendor....the port decided they did not need porters....so we have to carry on all our luggage....

what they did not realize is that 124 people were doing the B2B and had luggage out the yahoz.....and we were also doing the 8 day on the Freedom after that ...so we had clothes for 14 days!!

Yes. even my largest suitcase when through the xray.

Archived