Attention Smugglers or anyone else that can help

That rule is for carry-on only.

Pack your filled Rum Runners in the checked bags. No problem! (I put my RRs in baggies, just to avoid spillage. Hasn't happened yet.)

Thanks.....as you can probably tell I have never flown...lol....thanks to everyone that helped

Don't even worry about the 3-1-1 thing. Pretty much anything goes as long as it's in your checked luggage. The stuff they go nuts with is carry on. Just load up your RR's, pack them along with your other stuff in checked baggage, and everything should be exactly where you left it when you pick up your checked baggage at your destination. Then when you check in with CCL, everything SHOULD be all set. Have a fun trip!

Thanks alot.....you are awesome!!!

If it's Sunday, you would not be able to go to a liquor store (at least they are all closed in Texas). And you would only be able to buy wine afternoon.

Liquor stores are open on Sundays in Florida.

has anyone had a RR leak in their luggage when flying? I was planning on doing the same as the OP and filling up once i arrived, but if there aren't any leakage probs, i'll save myself the time and fill them up here before we leave.

oh wait, i'll have to fill them up in Seattle before the flight as i won't be able to bring that much booze across the border. Well, i can claim i don't have any, but if they choose to randomly search the vehicle, i'll get busted with the RRs and the wine bottles.

Thats what I was told too, put it in my check bag. Guess what? It was found and removed.:eek: Order it from the BV department a week or so before your cruise and it will be in your room. :cool: Enjoy your cruise.

Thats what I was told too, put it in my check bag. Guess what? It was found and removed.:eek: Order it from the BV department a week or so before your cruise and it will be in your room. :cool: Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, if the cruise line finds it, it will be confiscated.

If the airline searches your bags, they will not bother the liquor.

I've never had a rum runner leak when flying. They are designed to be leak resistant and break resistant, but I still put them in ziplocks just to be sure.

And OP, remember, you are smuggling and there is no guarantee they will get through. I had a rum runner confiscated on a cruise in Feb out of San Diego. Seems the bigger ones are easier to see on x-ray. If you really want to be sure your cabin is stocked, buy from BV and carry on your allotted two bottles of wine.

I've never had a rum runner leak when flying. They are designed to be leak resistant and break resistant, but I still put them in ziplocks just to be sure.

And OP, remember, you are smuggling and there is no guarantee they will get through. I had a rum runner confiscated on a cruise in Feb out of San Diego. Seems the bigger ones are easier to see on x-ray. If you really want to be sure your cabin is stocked, buy from BV and carry on your allotted two bottles of wine.

Ya i know that's a risk but ill take it... and I plan on using maybe 4 of the 8 we have (might just use 3) we have 8 total.... 4 8oz and 4 16oz.... we will just be using the 8oz ones for now....

From everything I've read on these boards on this topic, I would suggest putting the RRs in your (new) hubby's pockets during check-in at CCL. Have him wear some baggy cargo pants with big pockets - just don't make it look too obvious. It sounds like RRs in luggage are being taken a lot more frequently now than they used to. Bodies go thru a metal detector only while all luggage goes thru xray machines. Just keep in mind that smuggling alcohol onto the ship is against CCL's rules, so you're putting yourself out there to possibly get caught and your alcohol confiscated and trashed. :eek:

Definitely pack your filled RRs in your 'checked' luggage for airport travel. Place them in ziplocks for extra protection ... just in case.

Congrats on the wedding!

Archived