Honeymoon Cruise to Cabo is Booked!

mkissa

I am so excited to finally have another cruise on the books. Someday we will sail from the East Coast, but right now, living right in between Long Beach and San Diego it is just too easy (and affordable) to sail from here.

Can I get some advice or experiences from excursions in Los Cabos. We are looking into a Catamaran sail and snorkel type of adventure, or something like tequila tasting. I've looked on Carnival's site at their offered excursions. So have any of you done any of those? Have you booked your own with an outside company? What were your experiences?

Looking forward to a memorable Honeymoon on the Spirit!

Congrats on the upcoming nupitials!! I usually go and do my own thing. I always wait until I am off the boat to do excursions. You can get them half price or so. Have a great time!! :p

Thank you! Have you cruised to Cabo before? Is there anything in particular you would recommend doing?

Congrats!! When we go to Cabo we like to eat at Solomans Landing (I think thats the name) Its a Mexican restaurant on the pier great food and drinks! The only excursion we have done there was the dolphin swim and absolutely loved it!

p.s. The spirit was our first cruise and LOVED the ship its my favorite!!

We were on the Spirit and stopped in Cabo in Decmber and had a great time (and like a previous poster mentioned we love the Spriit - great ship!). The one tour we booked in Cabo was at the time called Desert 4x4 adventure or something. It has since changed and includes a camel ride! It was through a group called Cabo Adventures and we had a fabulous time! The guide was amazing, knew lots of history, we went out for a short drive in the desert, saw baby turtles (even held one!) that were going to be returned to the wild that night, ate lunch and tasted tequila. One of the highlights of our trip. Their location is in walking distance from where you get off the tenders from the ship. You should check it out - gets a 2 thumbs up from the group I went with!

have fun!

Congrats!! When we go to Cabo we like to eat at Solomans Landing (I think thats the name) Its a Mexican restaurant on the pier great food and drinks! The only excursion we have done there was the dolphin swim and absolutely loved it!

p.s. The spirit was our first cruise and LOVED the ship its my favorite!!

Thanks for the recommendation! I've been hearing great things about the ship!

We were on the Spirit and stopped in Cabo in Decmber and had a great time (and like a previous poster mentioned we love the Spriit - great ship!). The one tour we booked in Cabo was at the time called Desert 4x4 adventure or something. It has since changed and includes a camel ride! It was through a group called Cabo Adventures and we had a fabulous time! The guide was amazing, knew lots of history, we went out for a short drive in the desert, saw baby turtles (even held one!) that were going to be returned to the wild that night, ate lunch and tasted tequila. One of the highlights of our trip. Their location is in walking distance from where you get off the tenders from the ship. You should check it out - gets a 2 thumbs up from the group I went with!

have fun!

I will look into that! Thank you so much!

Yes I have cruised to Cabo a few times and I am going again on the Spirit in Feb 2012. My 3rd and final time on this ship before it heads to Australia. I love to go to Cabo Wabo (owned by Sammy Hagar) or just head to downtown. You can look at the excursions on Carnival's website and decide what you might be interested in. You can join a tour off the ship and pay half the price. Or if you have Android, Carnival's app is awesome!!! You can find your sailing, the ship's deck plan, excursions, local places to eat, their addresses, and so on. Just ask if you need anything!! :p

Cabo Sails has many different size catamaran's if you want a more private excursion. If you want a party atmosphere, La Princessa is a larger catamaran that plays all the party music. Both offer open bar and snacks in their price. You can google them for info. If you're into more of a yacht thing, The Rissalena is the best. $55/person open bar and lunch. Only holds about 25 max and the crew cannot do enough for you.

Be sure and check out the Ports of Call section on these boards. They are loaded with info. Swtheart107 mentioned Solomon's Landing. The food is fantastic. The owner is a New Orlean's Cordon Bleu trained chef so everything that comes out of his kitchen is mouthwatering. Not the cheapest place in Cabo, but hey, you're on your honeymoon, so splurge.

Cabo Sails has many different size catamaran's if you want a more private excursion. If you want a party atmosphere, La Princessa is a larger catamaran that plays all the party music. Both offer open bar and snacks in their price. You can google them for info. If you're into more of a yacht thing, The Rissalena is the best. $55/person open bar and lunch. Only holds about 25 max and the crew cannot do enough for you.

Be sure and check out the Ports of Call section on these boards. They are loaded with info. Swtheart107 mentioned Solomon's Landing. The food is fantastic. The owner is a New Orlean's Cordon Bleu trained chef so everything that comes out of his kitchen is mouthwatering. Not the cheapest place in Cabo, but hey, you're on your honeymoon, so splurge.

We are definitely planning on doing the some of the splurging!! Thank you for your recs. I will definitely check out the Ports of Call section... I didn't even realize there was one.

Archived