Caviar

9CE

Any recent experience of the reaction on board to a caviar request?

On Legend 2009 there were frequent deliveries on deck of an afternoon, but Odyssey 2010... nothing.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
Last summer the maitre d' told me it was farm-raised California sturgeon caviar. When was the change made?

hi johnny cruise,

are you also johnny jet by any chance? curious about that. if you or anybody else has questions about the caviar served, then go buy an ounce of farmed california sturgeon roe and an ounce of paddlefish. see what you think. i have much to say about this but it may not be appropriate for the forum or this thread. i can't imagine that a person chooses a cruises based on roe but let's at least be honest about what it is.

hi johnny cruise,

are you also johnny jet by any chance? curious about that. if you or anybody else has questions about the caviar served, then go buy an ounce of farmed california sturgeon roe and an ounce of paddlefish. see what you think. i have much to say about this but it may not be appropriate for the forum or this thread. i can't imagine that a person chooses a cruises based on roe but let's at least be honest about what it is.

Earlier this year, I was told that the caviar was Sevruga . Its appearance and taste was consistent with this and not paddlefish . That is the roe was characteristically small and black. Not at all glossy beads of grey colouration a la paddlefish. In any event the chilled belvedere helped it down - much better than the NF on offer. Please excuse the banter.

If Wofgang Puck says that paddlefish is the Chevrolet of caviar, that's good enough for me.

I always thought the Chevrolet Impala was the coolest, hippest set of wheels around.

Actually I thought the caviar spooned out on the Legend last year was of a pretty good standard. Black, shiny, salty, fishy.

Archived