Into NY from Southampton; Flight Time?

SantaAna,CA

Excuse me if this has been asked; I did search this forum but didn't see a thread....I'm thinking about a transatlantic from Southampton to NY in October of this year. Is an 11:30am flight out too early? In my past experience, they kick ya off the boat pretty early!

Thanks!

Jane :)

Excuse me if this has been asked; I did search this forum but didn't see a thread....I'm thinking about a transatlantic from Southampton to NY in October of this year. Is an 11:30am flight out too early? In my past experience, they kick ya off the boat pretty early!

Thanks!

Jane :)

Way, way too early.

WD

Is an 11:30am flight out too early? In my past experience, they kick ya off the boat pretty early!

So, where are you flying to Jane? Definitely not Europe as 11:30am is WAY TOO EARLY. As far as I know, a "self assisted" departure would easily make a 11:30 flight.

Jane, I think that 11:30 is early for the NYC airports. Not only are they some distance from Brooklyn they are big and security can be time consuming. I think you would be fine with a 1:00 even from Newark. Are you flying into John Wayne?

Enjoy the crossing

Mike

The NYC airports are not that distant from Brooklyn, other than Newark so if your flight is from La Guardia or Kennedy they are no more than 1 hour from Red Hook, in fact quite a bit less so with a self disembark at 7.30 you will be at the departure by 9am tops which leaves you 2.5 hours for the security and check-in. That is long enough at Heathrow for an International flight so it should be plenty for a domestic flight.

If you cannot carry off your own luggage then you may leave according to your deck. The Grills are allowed off first then Deck 12, then Deck 11 and downward every half hour. On the 11th deck we were given the 9:30 disembarkation time. We had a 12 noon flight out of JFK and would have missed it if the flight wasn't delayed. Pier 88 in the rain is a madhouse! We hired a car and it didn't show up for an hour and the taxi wait was even longer. So plan accordingly if you dock in Manhattan.

Archived