MDR dress code

I am packing right now to go on FOS this Sunday. My Dad was telling me that you have to wear shirts with a collar for men and a blouse for woman in the MDR. Would casual clothing be okay in the dining room for dinner? We are bringing clothes for formal nights but the rest is all casual that we can were out when we get off the ship too. How strict are they with the dress?

Thanks!

I am packing right now to go on FOS this Sunday. My Dad was telling me that you have to wear shirts with a collar for men and a blouse for woman in the MDR. Would casual clothing be okay in the dining room for dinner? We are bringing clothes for formal nights but the rest is all casual that we can were out when we get off the ship too. How strict are they with the dress?

Thanks!

If you so desire, you can go to the MDR naked.:eek:

However, there are suggested dress codes, and I would try to meet those standards.

Are you packing anything like sundresses, casual skirts, capris or crops (no denim)? That's what I typically wear with cute shoes. Men can't wear flip flips or shorts. But Khakis and a shirt are fine. You'll see a variety of clothes...

There is probably only one rule: You must be wearing a top...this goes for men and women (equality on a cruise ship!!!!)

Otherwise, you are right on the money. The days of folks attempting to dress within the "guidelines" are over.

There is probably only one rule: You must be wearing a top...this goes for men and women (equality on a cruise ship!!!!)

Otherwise, you are right on the money. The days of folks attempting to dress within the "guidelines" are over.

I tend to agree with you........certainly less and less than used to be. We have been cruising Princess lately.......talk about the difference between night and day.........they still love their formal nights on Princess.

They are not strict with the dress code. On non-formal nights I dress as if I'm going to a nice restaurant at home. Collar shirt is typically pretty standard... just dress like you're going out for a night to a nice bar/restaurant.

On the Independence last month, virtually EVERYONE dressed up on formal night, and I mean REALLY dressed up.

LOTS of little kids in tuxes, too!

Blanket statements about people not following the dress code don't work.

Archived