Tender in Maui

wilfros

Hi all!

Can anyone tell me how long it is for the tender from the ship to Lahaina? I am trying to plan our day and want to make sure I leave enough time to get off the ship and into town.

thanks!

:D

The tender to shore doesn't take long at all, it is getting on the tender that might take you a little while. If you are Elite, or booked in a suite, you will have priority on the tenders and you won't have to wait for a tender number but can go directly to the tender deck. If not, there is no way of telling how long it will take you. It depends on the size of the ship you are sailing on and how many early cruise sponsered shore excursions there are (as they also receive priority in the tenders as they are walked down in a group) , the larger ships will usually take longer as there are more passengers to tender ashore. I would suggest if you are in a hurry that you get everyone in your party together and get to the lounge where tender numbers/tickets are handed out, and it might take less time before you are on your way. Good Luck!

In December on the Golden tendering was stopped for about 45 minutes due to a wind change. They had to swap ends of the ship & switch to the other side for tendering. Just something to consider particularly for those booking independent tours. Hopefully they're refundable because weather conditions could prevent tendering completely. There are a lot of things to do in the Lahaina area of West Maui which we enjoy. We don't go to other parts of Maui independently because of the 2-lane road which can be closed most of the day by an accident. At least with ship tours they'll do everything possible to have you reboard the ship because the next stop is Ensenada before LA & that routing would be very expensive including a fine for missing a non-US port. :rolleyes:

Archived