upgrades

geordiebing

We have only been on one river cruise (will leave on second one at the end of this month) and we had an upper room with the French Balcony and will have one on this next cruise. We thought it was well worth the extra $$$. There will be times when the ship is cruising along during daylight hours and you will have a great opportunity to view beautiful scenery. Of course, you could view the scenery from the lounge or the upper deck, but we loved being able to have our own private viewing area at times. I don't think you will be disappointed at all.

Also, I don't ever remember anyone commenting that they had received an upgrade on a river cruise like on a big ship cruise, so I wouldn't chance that if you want a higher room.

B. Cole

Was on the Poetry a few years ago and there were some upper deck cabins available upon boarding. They didn't upgrade but rather sold them to interested costumers. I don't know if the prices reflected a price-break. I should have availed myself of this offer because the lowest deck was not too nice.

You might get more answers to your query if you post it on the appropriate forum.

Archived