Embarkation question about AOS??

I have a question........is that a surprise? LOL :eek:

If the Adventure doesn't leave port until 10pm, what time can we board? :confused: I'm hoping it's early so we can spend afternoon exploring the ship......

May be different on RCCL, but when we went Celebrity last time out of San Juan, we boarded by 1 or so, and we were not the first ones on. Plenty of time to unpack, shower, change, muster, eat, and STILL watch sailaway.

My daughter and I just sailed on the AOS on 2/27 - 3/6 05 and we boarded at 3 PM.

Any questions, pls feel free to ask...

"A cruise is what u make of it"

James

Was it possible to board earlier or did you choose to board at 3pm?

We boarded last week at 1:00pm and luggage arrived at 2:00. Great cruise! New dining room menu that was awsome. Never had a bad meal and the food was so hot when it was served! Bravo RCCL. Just booked Explorer for next year!

Robyn, DH and I were on AOS last October (the 10/3 sailing). This was the embarkation from h@!! because of problems with strikes in San Juan. Not because of RCCI embarkation procedures. I believe that, without any strikes taking place in San Juan, you could get to the ship at 11:30 and be perfectly fine. Even though we spent 6 hours :eek: waiting in the terminal to board the ship, this was an anomaly and doesn't happen often. Go early, if you want, and enjoy the ship. It's a beauty and I just loved that cruise. Great itinerary! Have fun!

Elf

We got to the terminal at about 11 and there was a small lineup of us eager beavers. They opened up the registration soon after. We all then had to sit inside the terminal and they had a ton of chairs lined up. They allowed us to board shortly after 12 I believe. They had water, lemonade and Promenade cookies there for us :) Couldn't get to our stateroom until I think it was like 2 pm.

I can't remember who told us but someone said by 4 pm there's a huge lineup outside of people trying to embark.

It was great getting on early. It was nice and empty and gradually got more and more passengers. We did this on Mariner too last year. It's almost like another full day on the ship :D

Thanks for the great advice!

We sailed on the Radiance last month, and it was our first cruise so I was determined to make the most out of every second.....needless to say we arrived at the pier by 10:30am :D I was astounded just looking at a cruise ship for the very first time.....it muse be even more incredible to behold a Voyageur class ship! We are staying overnight pre-cruise in San Juan, so I have no doubt that we will be at the pier nice and early ;)

Thanks for the great advice!

We sailed on the Radiance last month, and it was our first cruise so I was determined to make the most out of every second.....needless to say we arrived at the pier by 10:30am :D I was astounded just looking at a cruise ship for the very first time.....it must be even more incredible to behold a Voyageur class ship! We are staying overnight pre-cruise in San Juan, so I have no doubt that we will be at the pier nice and early ;)

We stayed at a marvelous hotel the night before the cruise. We opted to spend the day at the hotel and on the beach. We arrived at the pier at 4:00 and were in our room by 4:15-4:20. For us, it was the perfect way to do it. We still had 6 hours to enjoy the ship before we left.

We stayed at a marvelous hotel the night before the cruise. We opted to spend the day at the hotel and on the beach. We arrived at the pier at 4:00 and were in our room by 4:15-4:20. For us, it was the perfect way to do it. We still had 6 hours to enjoy the ship before we left.

Which hotel were you staying in? I am searching for a really nice one that won't break the bank :rolleyes: My #1 issue with hotels is that they be CLEAN!

Finally, a voice of reason!! :) We do this all the time! I'd rather be sitting by a hotel pool than sitting in the "famous white chairs"! :D

We arrived at the AOS pier at around 2:00 and were by the ship's pool in 30 minutes!

We were on the 2/27 voyage, we left the Marriott at 1pm and were in our cabins by 1:40 (give or take) There was no lineup at all when we arrived and we "sailed" right on.

Enjoy your cruise. We loved ours and are still experiencing severe cruise withdrawel symptons.

Cheers

Oh - just noticed your pre-cruise question. We stayed at the Marriott Stellaris pre and the Hilton Caribe post. The Marriott was nicer, however both are not what I would consider to be close to the standards expected in north american properties.

We also happened to walk through the Sheraton Old San Juan and I thought it looked okay. Didn't see the rooms though.

We did have mojitos at the Cafe Bohemia located in the El Convento hotel and I thought the lobby area was the nicest of all the hotels we visited. I understand it is quite expensive.

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton. It was gorgeous, great pool and beach area, and impeccable service. Somehow our travel agent got us a good deal but normally you pay a fairly high premium to stay there. We wouldn't have sprung for that if we had been in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, but we decided to splurge since it was San Juan and not somewhere we would normally get to go.

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton. It was gorgeous, great pool and beach area, and impeccable service. Somehow our travel agent got us a good deal but normally you pay a fairly high premium to stay there. We wouldn't have sprung for that if we had been in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, but we decided to splurge since it was San Juan and not somewhere we would normally get to go.

I looked at the prices for the Ritz this morning and almost fell off my chair :eek:

I'm a bit stressed about finding a decent SJ hotel for a fair price.

Mav-What is the "new" dining room menu? When was lobster night?I sail May 15 for our 10th anniv. cruise..any info would help!

Big Al

On our sailing (2/27) Lobster night was supposed to be on Friday night - however they bumped it back to Saturday night. Our waiter told us it was because they were running low on Lobster and had to wait until they restocked in St Thomas. (that's where the AOS takes on all their supplies for the week)

I looked at the prices for the Ritz this morning and almost fell off my chair :eek:

I'm a bit stressed about finding a decent SJ hotel for a fair price.

Oops, sorry! We paid $275 for a room for the four of us. As I said, our TA (also a close personal friend) got us a special rate, though I don't remember the circumstances now or how she got it. No view at all, but we didn't mind since we got in late and were only staying for a day. I hope you are pleased with the Intercontinental.

Archived