paid balance but no receipt?

kate52

Hi, I booked our cruise (IE 28th June) on the internet, (the day before the prices went down!!)

Anyway, paid the balance by phone 2 weeks yesterday, and was told I would have an email within 48 hours acknowledging payment.

Checked trash folder as well as inbox but nothing came.

Have rung them twice, first time was told not to worry as I would get something in the post anyway.

Second time (last Tuesday) I was put through to aftersales, who said the letter was there awaiting dispatch, and she would get it sent off to me.

Still heard nothing. Is this usual? We have used Thomsons many times before, but I think this is the first time I have booked direct on the net.

Thanks, kate

I'm assuming that you paid by credit or debit card by phone. You should have had an email by now but you can go onto the website and check your account on My Thomson. Type in your booking ref., name and date of travel and you should see your account balance as paid up. You can also check your credit/debit card account which should show your payment so I wouldn't worry. The main thing is your account online is showing your payment has gone through.:):)

We nearly always book on the website but always save the web page off to the desktop until the email arrives as proof of purchase. This goes for any purchase on the internet.

So I wouldn't worry too much as they obviously have your payment otherwise when you phoned up they would be asking for the balance. That's all that matters really.:)

Jan

Thanks, jan!

I know I'm probably worrying for nothing, paid by debit card and it went through ok.

I just want to make sure they have credited it to the right booking! As you say, if they didn't have it they would be in touch.

The "my account" on the website doesn't seem to work for cruises- just brings up a number to ring.

kate

Thanks, jan!

I know I'm probably worrying for nothing, paid by debit card and it went through ok.

I just want to make sure they have credited it to the right booking! As you say, if they didn't have it they would be in touch.

The "my account" on the website doesn't seem to work for cruises- just brings up a number to ring.

kate

Hi Kate

I'm surprised you can't log in to your account having booked online. I can't remember if I did that on our cruise last year as we have had 2 land based holidays since. So, your money has obviously gone from your account and into their account or you would definitely have heard about it by now and you have the paper trail from your end. When you paid the balance by phone they would have asked your booking ref. and the name would have been checked against debit card, etc.

You should get your tickets anytime now unless you booked within the month. I've picked up my tickets at the airport many times with just the booking ref. and my passport, we've even booked the day before and had no problems. Don't worry any longer and just enjoy planning your holiday.:):)

Jan

• 3 weeks later...

Tickets came today!

Couldn't concentrate on anything else until I'd sat down and had a good read of the book.

A bit disappointed they don't seem to be doing some of the trips that are on the website, but maybe there will be a bit more choice when on board.

Not long to go now- only 24 days!

kate

Tickets came today!

Couldn't concentrate on anything else until I'd sat down and had a good read of the book.

A bit disappointed they don't seem to be doing some of the trips that are on the website, but maybe there will be a bit more choice when on board.

Not long to go now- only 24 days!

kate

Hi, I was just wondering which trips they are not doing, specifically regarding Rome. I was looking forward to the "Monumental Rome" trip, do you know if that one is cancelled? Thanks.

PS. Our tickets have not arrived.

Hello Simples (that sound so rude) :o

Anyways, as we are going to Civitevacchia (sp) I would have thought all trips lead to Rome, seems a bit strange that going all that way and not doing the trips to Rome?

As for Tickets, this is the message I received after contacting the TA.

14 days before departure normally, so you should receive 7-10 days before.

PS see you on the good ship IE ;)

RR

Hi simples- don't worry, all the main trips into Rome are advertised in the booklet! However, as we have been to Rome before on a city break and cruise stops, I was looking for something different and fancied the vineyard/ Tuscania trip that was on the website.

The other one that isn't there is the 4x4 trip in Naples, but we weren't really bothered about that one.

Sorry if I made you worry,

kate

Hi simples- don't worry, all the main trips into Rome are advertised in the booklet! However, as we have been to Rome before on a city break and cruise stops, I was looking for something different and fancied the vineyard/ Tuscania trip that was on the website.

The other one that isn't there is the 4x4 trip in Naples, but we weren't really bothered about that one.

kate

From what i remember (when i went to the Canaries), the tickets booklet is only a sample of the trips available, to get you interested, once on the ship, there are plenty more at the welcome meeting.

Thanks for that, sodafountain. We are keeping all our options open!

I'm hoping it will be so hot in July that we won't want to be racing off in the morning for an all day trip.

kate

kate

Hi Kate, Thanks for that, I am sure there will be other offers once on board.

Hello Simples (that sound so rude) :o

Anyways, as we are going to Civitevacchia (sp) I would have thought all trips lead to Rome, seems a bit strange that going all that way and not doing the trips to Rome?

As for Tickets, this is the message I received after contacting the TA.

PS see you on the good ship IE ;)

RR

Hi Reb, Thanks for that, I am not really worried, the tickets have been late on previous occasions. Obviously we will be going to Rome, it was just that I preferred one certain trip as opposed to some others, but I will take whatever.

Archived