Legend, ship time vs port time June 2011

vmom

On the Legend, I've heard that the ship stays on Eastern time for the whole cruise and does not change times.

Is this true?

If so, can anyone help me with the time on the following ports?

Grand Caymen? I am assuming that since Grand Cayman is on Central time but does not use daylight savings time that in June, the ship time would be the same as GC island time. Is my thinking correct?

How about in Belize, Roatan and Cozumel? Would they be the same as ship time since they are Central time, but I'm not sure if they use daylight savings time or not???

Thanks for all your help. I've only cruised during the winter and daylight savings time was not a factor.

On the Legend, I've heard that the ship stays on Eastern time for the whole cruise and does not change times.

Is this true?

Grand Caymen? I am assuming that since Grand Cayman is on Central time but does not use daylight savings time that in June, the ship time would be the same as GC island time. Is my thinking correct?

How about in Belize, Roatan and Cozumel? Would they be the same as ship time since they are Central time, but I'm not sure if they use daylight savings time or not???

Thanks for all your help. I've only cruised during the winter and daylight savings time was not a factor.

Just stay on ship time the tour operators are aware of it

Is this true?

Grand Cayman is on Eastern time and does not switch to DST so it will be an hour behind ship time.

Cozumel is on Central time and observes DST so it is also an hour behind ship time.

Both Belize and Roatan are two hours behind ship time.

I'm actually pretty curious about this as well. If a Carnival booked excursion says it begins at 8am, is it 8am ship time or 8am local time? Also, how do we aline our clocks with ship time - where do we find out what it is? Thanks!

I'm actually pretty curious about this as well. If a Carnival booked excursion says it begins at 8am, is it 8am ship time or 8am local time? Also, how do we aline our clocks with ship time - where do we find out what it is? Thanks!

If it is a ship excursion it is ship time.

I don't think Carnival cruises that return to the same port they start from change their clocks during the cruise, so you'd basically stay on the same time you started from. If there is a change, it's in the newsletter each day. If you are looking at private excursions, just specify with that company what cruise line you are on and they'll know the deal. They deal with this every day and have a good idea which cruise lines operate on what kind of schedule. Don't forget to factor in tender time in a port like Grand Cayman, knowing also that people who book excursions through the cruise line get priority for tenders.

Also, how do we aline our clocks with ship time - where do we find out what it is? Thanks!

Good question, and an easy answer. (And I'm not tryin to be a smart @$$.) There are clocks all over the ship in various places, but you can also ask at the purser's desk (Guest Services) or find it on your TV on the channel that shows heading, speed, temp, wind direction, etc.

Have a great cruise. And have a shot with me. \~/\~/

The excursion people are very aware of the differences. You can email them specifically with questions about the time differences. And they do a good job of keeping up with departure times, etc. If they ever got an excursion back late and the ship departed, it would be a death knell for their company.

Good question, and an easy answer. (And I'm not tryin to be a smart @$$.) There are clocks all over the ship in various places, but you can also ask at the purser's desk (Guest Services) or find it on your TV on the channel that shows heading, speed, temp, wind direction, etc.

Have a great cruise. And have a shot with me. \~/\~/

lol I figured that would be the answer but I swear, on my last two cruises I don't remember any clocks. However, that could be because I was on cigar/booze time. Anyhow, good to know.

I'm glad that carnival-booked excursions are all based on ship time which it seems is the same time zone that you depart with.

Archived