Looking at expanding from carnival to princess. Have questions.

ROPD184

Ok....just got back from my fourth, my wife's fifth carnival cruise. While on the cruise we saw an advertisement for princess cruises....once we got home I looked into princess and liked what I saw. Herr are where my questions come in....

Do I still get my past guest perks due to my history with carnival??? Also will a cruise on princess go towards my platinum status with carnival?

Which leads me to this question.... I have a carnival points credit card...I have 150.00 worth of credit to either pay for part of a cruise or be uses as OBC...will it work towards a princess cruise?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....I'm wanting to book a mini suite...is it worth it?

Ok THANKS for everything!!!!!!!

Sorry your points, status and perks do not work for Princess. Although they are owned by the same Corporation, they are ran as two totally different Cruiselines. But with that being said, I think you will find Princess fantastic compared to Carnival. After many sailings early on with Carnival, I found Princess, and now will never go back, that is why I'm elite on Princess now.

I agree, perks from one line to the other can not be combined. And no matter what your status on one line, you will not receive the same on the other. I have to say though, IMHO Princess has the best past passenger perks of any cruise line. ;)

Do I still get my past guest perks due to my history with carnival??? Also will a cruise on princess go towards my platinum status with carnival?

Which leads me to this question.... I have a carnival points credit card...I have 150.00 worth of credit to either pay for part of a cruise or be uses as OBC...will it work towards a princess cruise?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....I'm wanting to book a mini suite...is it worth it?

No. They are completely separate cruise lines owned by the same holding company. No counting towards perks nor can you use your Carnival credit. You will get a past passenger # and in some cases, qualify for a past passenger rate but even if you do, you can get a better rate with a TA that discounts.

Just as with Carnival Cruise Lines, if you own 100 shares of Carnival Corporation & Plc stock, you can get an onboard credit of $100/cabin. I don't know if Carnival does this but if you are an honorably discharged veteran, you can get a $100 onboard credit by submitting the information.

A mini-suite is not a real suite. It's really a "superior" balcony cabin with a much larger sitting area and a larger bathroom. Whether that's worth it to you or not is up to you.

Ok THANKS for everything!!!!!!!

A mini suite on Princess is larger than a standard cabin. Instead of just a shower in the bathroom you will get a bathtub with shower and a little more space to move around. In the cabin you will get a sitting area with a sofa and chair (besides the desk chair) and two televisions and a lot more storage space. In a standard cabin you will get one tv, and two chairs. So it can be worth it to you to book the mini if you want more room. We book minis most of the time because DH likes the space.

Thanks everyone for the outstanding answers and help. I have done some homework on the pricing and looks like I save around 400 dollars off sticker price! LOL. I am definately going to book the mini as my wife and I have always booked interior, with the exception of one ocean view (one of our interiors did turn out to be a porthole) so I KNOW my wife will be happy. When we first started cruising my attitude was who cares what kind of room you have cause you are never in it....the older I get and the more cruises I take, I find myself staying in the room, lounging and napping, watching TV, and just RELAXING more and more. Interesting isnt it?

Alright folks thanks so much for the help.

Archived