Do we need to book?

kasjas

If we want to eat in Bistro on 5 on embarkation day, do we need to book it in advance or just turn up and have the $5 surcharge added onto our account? Having read some of these threads Im thinking this is the option for us. Sounds fab.

Many thanks.

If we want to eat in Bistro on 5 on embarkation day, do we need to book it in advance or just turn up and have the $5 surcharge added onto our account?

You can just show up. :)

Bistro on 5 is so under used that you can show up anytime, any day, and get seated immediately. Personally I would rather they use the space for something else. Usually the only people we see eating there are cruise staff members.

Personally I think you should try it! The reason the staff eats there is because it's so good and such a refreshing change from the vast quantities of mediocre food found in buffets! It wouldn't faze me a bit if the entire buffet was eliminated, but if they took away Bistro I'd be screaming bloody murder!

Personally I think you should try it! The reason the staff eats there is because it's so good and such a refreshing change from the vast quantities of mediocre food found in buffets! It wouldn't faze me a bit if the entire buffet was eliminated, but if they took away Bistro I'd be screaming bloody murder!

My sentiments exactly.

If we want to eat in Bistro on 5 on embarkation day, do we need to book it in advance or just turn up and have the $5 surcharge added onto our account? Having read some of these threads Im thinking this is the option for us. Sounds fab.

Many thanks.

We LOVED Bistro on 5. I don't think you need to book it (not even sure if you can to be hontest). It is such a gem of a restaurant. :)

We just did our first Celebrity cruise on Equinox last month - LOVED IT! Having read the suggestions on here we had our "welcome aboard" lunch there. We ate there around 1pm and there were only two other couples eating there. The food was so good we ate there two more times.

Thats great to hear. Not just for the food but to enjoy a quieter time to eat, it appeals. I dont know why its not more popular? I thought more people would like to avoid the mayhem. Thanks to all for you replies.

I think at least part of the reason that Bistro On 5 is under used is because cruisers are used to the buffet being about the only place availlable to eat upon embarkation. Additionally, most are not used to a specialty restaurant being open for lunch. Personally we loved it. We had one breakfast and four lunches there on Constellation and was never disappointed. AS someone that is no fan of buffets, it was great having another option.

Bistro on 5 is so under used that you can show up anytime, any day, and get seated immediately. Personally I would rather they use the space for something else. Usually the only people we see eating there are cruise staff members.

Must depend on your sailing. When we were on the Connie for a TA cruise, we had a hard time getting into the place. I love it and am disapponted that the Infinity has not yet been solticized since Bistro was one of the places I was looking forward to.

Archived