web address for Costa

momofmeg

My husband and I are looking at cruises in Oct. 2012 for the med. We found one on the Atlantica that we may be interested. The problem is the Naples stop is only a few hours and we want to go to Pompeii. We are trying to get in touch with the cruiseline to find out if they will offer a tour to Pompeii.

I found out costacruiseline.com does not work. Not sure what else to try.

My husband and I are looking at cruises in Oct. 2012 for the med. We found one on the Atlantica that we may be interested. The problem is the Naples stop is only a few hours and we want to go to Pompeii. We are trying to get in touch with the cruiseline to find out if they will offer a tour to Pompeii.

i always google things. try this:

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/Default.htm

Pompeii is one of the three main Naples shore excursions (together with Capri and Mount Vesuvius). The current tour takes 4 hours, which is more than enough with a 5 hour stay. Would recommend a ship's excursion and not private.

Here is a link to the current Naples excursions:

http://www.costacruise.com/usa/excursions/western_mediterranean-italy_itw-naples_italy.html

Ron

Yes, I had googled C

osta Cruises-the problem was I got all these travel agencies INSTEAD of their website. Then I got the brilliant idea of simply trying costacruise.com-BINGO!! I sent them an email this morning around 11:30, still waiting a reply-but thanks guys.

I will tell hubby what you said about 5 hours long enough for the tour-but if I know him-he will want it in writing from Costa. thanks though-that shows it is an option for us. I prefer booking through the line anyway-and always do.

BTW-the first reply was ii time to help me-but I was having trouble getting on cruisecritic-which is why I tried costacruise.com. I did not think of that until about 11-LOL!

• 5 weeks later...

Can you believe Costa still has not emailed me to confirm they will offer a Pompeii excursion? I guess we will find another cruise or perhaps a land tour-since Costa is not interested in our business enough to reply to an e-mail. I guess one couple is no biggie to them to lose that little bit of business.

All I got was an automated reply saying they would get back to me in 72 hours.

Pompei is a standard excursion from Naples.

Actually every Costa ship I have been on an every intineray I have read, if there is a stop in Naples, they will go to Pompeji.

I just checked with costacrociere . it, their italian website. I could not find a cruise aboard Atlantica for october 2012 that stops in Naples, however, for example Costa Serena does go there. Costs is already offering excursions for that cruise and sure, Pompeji is right there on that list woth a 4 hour excursion.

Patience is a virtue.

My May 2012 sailing has only just had the shorex released. For October 2012, they will still be getting finalised before they get released, so getting all upset cos they have not answered ain't going to do anyone any good if they do not know what shorex will be available in over 12 months time.

Patience is a virtue.

My May 2012 sailing has only just had the shorex released. For October 2012, they will still be getting finalised before they get released, so getting all upset cos they have not answered ain't going to do anyone any good if they do not know what shorex will be available in over 12 months time.

Then they should reply and say that-instead of saying I would get a reply in 72 hours, and not send one. I emailed them on May 16-over a month ago.

Kasi-My husband really wants to go to Pompeii-he wants it in writing from Costa. He is a skeptic. Me? I don't really care if we go, but hubby does.

Then they should reply and say that-instead of saying I would get a reply in 72 hours, and not send one. I emailed them on May 16-over a month ago.

You'll get a reply in 72 hours (Italian style), one hour today, another hour tomorrow etc. etc. Although come to think about it maybe never.:eek:

Kasi-My husband really wants to go to Pompeii-he wants it in writing from Costa. He is a skeptic. Me? I don't really care if we go, but hubby does.

You could always arrange a private tour to Pompeii, see a lot more.

Here is a list of cruises going to Naples in October 2012

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/gb/cruises_list/western_mediterranean-italy_itw-naples_italy-201210.html

Just click on any cruise, then Shore Excursion Tab and the Naples, then surprise surprise all the excursions are listed.

Ron

Archived