Shore Excursion in Grand Cayman for Kids

MetathoraX

Hello All! I am curious to see what some good shore excursions are for kids. There will be four, ages 7-12, and we are not sure if they will do the stingrays or not so I am looking at some other options.

Thanks in advance.

Take them to stingray city - turtle farms and nice beaches are all over the Caribbean, but stingray city is pretty uniqe and my kids loved it. The sandbar is only about 2-3 feet deep, so even your youngest will be able to stand up and maybe even kiss a ray for 7-years good luck! :o

We've used Moby Dick tours twice and enjoyed great service, an uncrowded boat, kid sized snorkel gear if you need it, and no pressure to buy photos or videos. Can't say enough about Mark and his crew. Good luck! :)

I had originally planned a stingray/snorkel tour on our first stop in GC. In all reality, by the time we'd been sailing and being so busy in other ports on the cruise, by the time we sailed into GC, my kids were really just craving some down time playing on the beach. 7 Mile beach isn't anything to "write home about", but it's easy to get to, clean and has decent facilities and cafes available...my kids just enjoyed playing on the beach and wave jumping.

To me, there isn't a whole lot to see on land in GC, and I know my kids would have probably ended up chickening out on the stingrays when we were there (they were 7 and 10 at the time). I'm not sure what your other ports/plans are, but to me GC isn't really a "touring" kind of island.

We used stingray sailing last year to swim with the stingrays. DS9 was ok with it but not as excited as I thought he would be and DD7 was terrified although they both really liked being on the sailboat. You really need to make the decision based on how you think your kids will react.

We will be back in Grand Cayman next Dec and we are looking for something to do that doesnt involve stingrays.

Archived