Local artist galleries

KenNBarbie

• 2 weeks later...

Pure Art is, for lots of people including me, my favorite art store ANYWHERE, in any country! I keep a couple of the owner's pieces in my kitchen window where I see them every day. You will not be disappointed.

Is it easy to get to from the ship. do you walk or taxi it?

I think it's about a mile or so out of town (the opposite direction of 7 mile beach). We have a rental car since we're there for land vacations, but you might be able to get a cab. I don't know about walking. It would be too far for us, but for others, it might not be.

Think we'll get a taxi, just so we're not too worn out to shop later in town! ;) Going to look into location of Marriott you sugested too, see if it's close by so we can get lunch too.

Thanks twinkletoes

Think we'll get a taxi, just so we're not too worn out to shop later in town! ;) Going to look into location of Marriott you sugested too, see if it's close by so we can get lunch too.

Thanks twinkletoes

The Marriott is closer to the port area than the Westin and the Ritz. What we like about the Marriott is how close it is to the water. We're not big water and beach people, but we love to sit close to the water while we eat lunch or dinner. It's just pretty. You'll also have a nice view of the cruise ships. Sometimes you can see all of them depending on how they are anchored. They have these thin cloth covers that drape across part of the outside bar area, which is nice. You don't get baked in the sun. Have fun! We love the Caymans. :)

Archived