Has anyone taken the Mar de Ons ferry to Cies Islands from Vigo?

I will be in Vigo on July 14 and really want to visit the Cies Islands. I have found the ferry schedule on the Mar de Ons web site and know which times I want to purchase, but since it's only in Spanish, and my Spanish is incredibly limited, I'm a little nervous about buying the tickets.

Does anyone know if I would need to buy these ahead of time or if they would be available to purchase that day? Our ship is scheduled to get in at 9:30 and I would like to take the 10:15 ferry over.

I wouldn't buy them in advance. The ticket booth is in the same port where cruise ships dock; just on the left from terminal building. Also there is more than one company that does the route.

Thanks for the information. When you were there, did you notice if there were long lines?

I wouldn't buy them in advance. The ticket booth is in the same port where cruise ships dock; just on the left from terminal building. Also there is more than one company that does the route.

I would get the tickets right now. The entrance to the Natural Park, is limited and summer is quite busy. It´s quite normal getting there and not finding tickets for the small ferries. So plan well in advance.

Thanks for your response keltic.

I would get the tickets right now. The entrance to the Natural Park, is limited and summer is quite busy. It´s quite normal getting there and not finding tickets for the small ferries. So plan well in advance.

Keltic- we took your advice about the islands on another post, and have booked the ship's tour for this one, as we didn't want to risk not getting a ferry.

Thanks- we'll come back in June and tell you about it- ;)

Jo.

Despite the fact that I rarely do a ship excursion, I would have considered that for this one except that Celebrity isn't offering one :confused: So, if it works out it will be great because we will save the added expense - the ferry tickets are 18.50 euro. But the advantage to those of you taking a ship tour, is that you won't have to worry about anything:)

I wish I could hear from someone who has actually purchased the ferry tickets ahead of time online - from the U.S.

Keltic- we took your advice about the islands on another post, and have booked the ship's tour for this one, as we didn't want to risk not getting a ferry.

Thanks- we'll come back in June and tell you about it- ;)

Jo.

Kellyclayt,

Im just curious, is your concern with buying the tickets online that the ferry company will not honor them?

I suggest you post your question on the Tripadvisor Spain forums. They are very active and you may get a response.

Yeah, the trip advisor idea is a good one I will do that.

As for purchasing the ferry tickets online, I would love to. We have purchased tickets for many venues around the world online and saved ourselves long lines on many occassions. I guess I'm just a little nervous about maybe not understanding something since my Spanish is so limited. Thus, I would love to hear from someone who has actually done it.

Kellyclayt,

Im just curious, is your concern with buying the tickets online that the ferry company will not honor them?

I suggest you post your question on the Tripadvisor Spain forums. They are very active and you may get a response.

Archived