Pay Phones

suek113

Hi Suek,

There are payphones at the exits to the cruise ship terminals which accept credit cards (the crew use them all the time to phone home).

The rates may be quite high, though. Although I don't know about your specific ship-board comms, might it not be easier to e-mail from the ship?

Or are you wanting to gloat in person? :)

Have Fun!

I went to Wal-Mart and bought a Verizon pay as you go phone for $15 that has a card for $10 in calls. I think it is about $2 per minute to call, and .50 to send text and .05 to receive text. I have 2 girls at home and like to keep in touch. I know I could use my regular cell phone but not everyone has my number on this one so I won't have tons of charges--just my daughters. And if it gets stolen on a beach, not a huge loss.

I went to Wal-Mart and bought a Verizon pay as you go phone for $15 that has a card for $10 in calls. I think it is about $2 per minute to call, and .50 to send text and .05 to receive text. I have 2 girls at home and like to keep in touch. I know I could use my regular cell phone but not everyone has my number on this one so I won't have tons of charges--just my daughters. And if it gets stolen on a beach, not a huge loss.

Good idea.

Kirk

Archived