Internet service

yes - you can use your computer in your suite - - - - - and there are several plans you can purchase once onboard, for internet minutes, unless you've reached Silver with the Seven Seas Society - if so, then there is no charge - i believe Silver is reached at 21 sailing days -

Just be wary, on its current world cruise voyagers inet hasn't been overly reliable.

I had no problem on earlier segment of world cruise getting connectivity from the computer room, my suite, or my iphone while around the ship. Yes, there are times when you don't have good satellite coverage or are in a shadow while in port but the service isn't as bad as you imply.

I agree with Baychilla, the ship's wifi can be unreliable, and is reported still to be slow. Whatever minutes plan you buy, they will be used up faster than you think, if you're used to regular land-based high speed internet.

Just be wary, on its current world cruise voyagers inet hasn't been overly reliable.

We were on 3 segments of the World Cruise (Auckland-Bangkok). We had no trouble at all with the internet. It was a little slower but never had problems getting on.

Karen

Either I was in the "wrong" cabin last cruise (Sydney to Beijing of the 2010 WC) or it was my iPad's fault. I was not impressed, and even when I was in the computer "lounge" it was not good most of the time. I was really disappointed, but I am so computer illiterate that anyone could fool me with excuses. I just remember that a lot of people were upset most of the times I went into the computer lounge.

Can anyone answer the question with authority that a greater inevestment on Regent's part would lead to a better on-board experience with the internet?

Yes, Regent can spend more to improve service; that still won't solve outages due to geography or geometry. VPN connections are definitely a problem especially when lots of people are connected.

Archived