Star Princess dry dock dates?

sonnenschein

So has anyone been on Star Princess since the dry docking? I haven't seen any mention of it - or did I miss a thread somewhere...?

Hi Brian I noticed this in your signature:Member FBPCQ

What does it stand for?

Edited by Kentskie

I found some photos posted on Flickr.com with some of the changes made to the Star Princess during her recent overhaul in Trieste.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/princesscruises/sets/72157628405433283/

There are also many other pictures from Princess Cruises at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/princesscruises/

Edited by bdenni
add second link.

I found some photos posted on Flickr.com with some of the changes made to the Star Princess during her recent overhaul in Trieste.

There are also many other pictures from Princess Cruises at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/princesscruises/

Thanks. The Crown Grill looks like a great place to dine. We've only eaten at Sterling's. Does anyone know how it differs from the Crown Grill?

Sterlings = Crown Grill. Old name being phased out; perhaps already totally gone.

Thank you. I was hoping it was something new with different and exciting menus. Do you think it's worth more than one visit on a ten day cruise? I always found Sterling's service and food to be spotty great sometimes no so at others.

Thank you. I was hoping it was something new with different and exciting menus. Do you think it's worth more than one visit on a ten day cruise? I always found Sterling's service and food to be spotty great sometimes no so at others.

I'm not the one to ask, because the only time I pay extra for food on a ship is when someone who we're travelling with has a special celebratory occasion.

I was on the Star Princess (Rome to Venice cruise) in November. When the cruise ended in Venice, it then went to Trieste, Italy to be in dry dock for approximately 21 days. We were told that it was getting a new restaurant and a complete overhaul (new carpeting, decor, etc.) As a matter of fact, carpeting was already being pulled up before we got off. Skywalkers Lounge was remaining.

I was on the Star Princess (Rome to Venice cruise) in November. When the cruise ended in Venice, it then went to Trieste, Italy to be in dry dock for approximately 21 days. We were told that it was getting a new restaurant and a complete overhaul (new carpeting, decor, etc.) As a matter of fact, carpeting was already being pulled up before we got off. Skywalkers Lounge was remaining.

Thanks for the info. How odd to have the carpeting being pulled up as you were on it. Makes one feel less than welcome. We were on a Princess ship to Alaska that was on its final voyage before being sold. They were selling everything but the lifeboats and for the right price...

Hi Cool Cruiser. We were one of the last to leave the ship because we were going to a hotel in Venice. So, in "wasting" time, we stayed around our cabin and talked with the steward. We were shown some renovations that had been started. It was our choice to look around; we really liked our steward...

Hi Cool Cruiser. We were one of the last to leave the ship because we were going to a hotel in Venice. So, in "wasting" time, we stayed around our cabin and talked with the steward. We were shown some renovations that had been started. It was our choice to look around; we really liked our steward...

Oh well that's better than the vision I had of them ripping up the carpet as one was swilling their martini. You're right a good room steward is like gold.

• 2 years later...