I went to Long Beach and all I got. . .

dansize

I just need to share my disappointment with those that know.

I spent the day in Long Beach yesterday with my family at the Aquarium of the Pacific. It was a beautiful day and the attraction is very nice.

But. . .

I also had to spend the day directly across the harbor from the Carnival terminal where I was forced to return (exactly one year before) from my first cruise trip ever aboard the Pride. I have been an obsessed fan ever since.

It didn't help that the Paradise was in port prepping for a 3 or 4 day trip. And then every hour the Queen Mary would sound it's horn, FORCING me to look that direction.

I could not convince my wife to ditch the rest of the family and go see what rooms might be available for the trip (Who needs luggage, clothes or passports!).

Share in my misery!

It is torture... Living locally, I wake up every Sunday morning and while watching the news and weather, they show the webcam set on the Queen Mary and the Pride. It's depressing realizing she is so near but yet so far.

It is torture... Living locally, I wake up every Sunday morning and while watching the news and weather, they show the webcam set on the Queen Mary and the Pride. It's depressing realizing she is so near but yet so far.

I know exactly how you feel. Yesterday morning I was watching channel 5 KTLA and they were showing the Paradise. All I could do was sigh and dream of how excited those people must be getting ready to get on their ship.

Archived